Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need a ULTRA-durable cell phone. any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Jan 4, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i just destroyed phone #2. thats the second one in 3 weeks. i need a phone that is bullet proof. like the radios they used in the gulf war. the ones that were about 12inches tall and weighed about 25 pounds. if i could use one of those i would. does anyone know of a SUPER durable phone?????

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am thinking that you need some training on how to be more gentle /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I have had the same Nokia phone for two years. That phone has been to Hell /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and back.............twice with no problems. I drop it just about everyday.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

how you been, ducttape? long time no see.

What ever you do, don't get an Ericsson. Rita and my friends have had good luck with the v90 motorola's.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the ones that were about 12inches tall and weighed about 25 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, wait until you have to hump the damn things through the bush. Extra battery weighs a couple of pounds and you've always got to have that extra battery. Then there are the antenna issues.

I'm just wondering what's going on, there's been a boatload of cell phone threads across all the boards I visit in the last couple of days.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My old school Nokia 5190 (the phone everyone in the world has... just without a raising antenna) has done just about everying... It's been dropped on several different surfaces, smacked, beaten, chewed on by my dog... And it still frickin works /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've got the same one and have beaten the hell out of it and it still works fine... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Go Nextel and get the big contractors phone. Ill see if I can find a link to it. I think they only come in a few colors, but they are like rubber coated and my buddy has beat his to death, and it still works. For example, his ex wife called one nite while he was at my house /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and the conversation ended w/ him throwing the phone across my yard, bounced off a tree, hit the side walk, and landed somewhere in the next yard. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (quality hissy fit) Forunately he ended the call so we were able to call his phone to find it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif His phone gets dropped from a ladder pretty regularly and keeps working. The only phone he has killed was one that was dropped into a paint bucket and drown in latex. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

9. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

My nextel survived a 15 foot fall to concrete and still works!!

10. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

got a nokia have had it about 3 years dropped it, drowned it, and had 3 kegs fall on it all in 1 day dig it heavily still works like a champ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i like the sound of the rubber coated phone. thats probably what i will do. the first one drown after it went swimmng in a freinds pool. the second one died yesterday when i took a nasty spill and landed on my a$$(phone in back pocket). it still works but the sreen is shattered. not the sceen on the face plate, the acctual internal screen. so i guess id better find a new one. thanks for the input!!

12. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

maybe you should put it on a lanyard and hang it around your neck, like the first house key when you were a kid.

John

13. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I pay $2.50 a month to Nextel for my no hassle warranty on my i90. I can through it in the river and they will replace it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And aslong as I bring in the SIM chip I dont have to reprogram it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif