Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need advice. Help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RingMaster4x4, Mar 17, 2004.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sorry he ask me to remove this.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

just by going by the syntax i would be real cautious, he writes worse than some people on this board /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

tell him to send the $300.00 and you'll send the pic.he might want to steal it or just use it for an ad. how did he see your truck and where did he see it ???? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. RingMaster4x4

he said that he is going to fly in and take the picture.

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of my properties including_________________________________________________________________

[/ QUOTE ]

"properties" sounds like it includes more than your K5, be very cautious.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    he said that he is going to fly in and take the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]kewl, for $20.00 anybody could take as meny pics of my old POS K5 all they want. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal, make sure you get the money upfront, before the shoot. As long as you understand and agree that the photos will belong to him and that you will not profit in any way above the intial upfront money then you should be fine. My wife is a photographer and she said it may be an elaborate shoot but she doesnt see anything alarming......good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. RingMaster4x4

He says that it will not be a elaborate shoot. The only thing that I am trying to get added to the relase form is that the photos will not be used in any anti-4x4 or to says any thing negtive about four wheeling and the trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That guy sounds scary, he kept saying about how he needs to show his designer. What kind of guy pays another guy to build his 4x4. building it yourself is all the fun!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He says that it will not be a elaborate shoot. The only thing that I am trying to get added to the relase form is that the photos will not be used in any anti-4x4 or to says any thing negtive about four wheeling and the trucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    VERY good thought........good luck and let us know how it turns out.

11. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

well,
    i am a photographer and deal with this kind of stuff fairly regularly. find out the exact usage they want. by signing that you are basically letting him do what he wants with the photo. it sound slike it might be for an advertisement. find out who the ad is for. also, if they want to do other shots at your home (even if they are outside shots) then charge for a location fee. normally when we do a full day of shooting at somebody's house the location fee is anywhere from $800 to $1500 depending on how nice and how much of the home is shown. for an advertsiement for a big company $300 is ok but not a lot.
    good luck and feel free to pm me if you want some more info or anything. hope i was able to help a little. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    sean

12. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tell him to send the $300.00 and you'll send the pic.he might want to steal it or just use it for an ad. how did he see your truck and where did he see it ???? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, not just any snap shot is going to make an ad. there is way more involved. and usually companies take 30 days to make payments (if not longer) if the company is paying, if your lucky the photographer is covering the location fee and can pay up front.

13. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The guys other ad for oil filters looks pretty good.