Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need advise on ebay auction gone wrong

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Oct 11, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I sold somthing on ebay that was in quite a few pieces. Before I shipped it out I checked it over real good and it was fine. Now the guy has it he says its damaged. I just cant imagine how it got damaged in shipping like he is explaining it to me. I offered to repay him the entire amount and have him ship it back. He was ok with that but also gave me the option of sending him back half of the auction price and said he could get the broken piece replaced and keep the other pieces. I dunno what to do, its like do I just give back half and forget about it or pursure it. The auction ended under $70.
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Why don't you just replace the broken piece?

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Its no longer in production. Cant be replaced.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Then how can the other guy get it replaced?

5. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

have him send you the broken peace before you refund.
    also if the peace can't be replaced, how is he going to replace it.
    he shouldn't even want it then.

dave

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I would say that unless he paid for insurance /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif then it is buyer beware /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and he had the chance for insurance in the event of shipping damage that way he was covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. That is the way I would go,if you were 100% sure ( I am sure you are though..lol) that all was in tacked when it left you..

If he wants to send you back the entire box of stuff then (only if you want that route) then you can send him the whole money amount back , but to keep it and want half the money back ...He is smoking something good /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif..LOL

My wife does E-Bay also and if someone that has chose to not insure a package then that leaves them with no choice on the matter..JMO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Its not uncommon. They are out there for sale its just finding them and this guy looks (by his prior auctions) like he is into this stuff. All of his prior auctions have been for the exact same brand of "tool". After looking at his prior auctions he has even bought "tools" like this one before, but exactly the same thing. It just seems shady...but he has 32 positive feedbacks and no negatives.

**Here is the kicker....I paid for $200 worth of insurance through UPS**

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Here is the acution.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1771998019

He is saying the face comes right off of the main dial. There is no way. When I tested it out it was like it had NEVER been used, the zeroing dial was real tight. I could hardly move it. This was owned by my father and he had 3 others, the case was as crisp as the day it came off the shelf. It never left the bottom drawer of the toolbox.

Look at this other guys auctions all he buys is this stuff...

9. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Maybe he had another one that was broke. How would it get damaged with a nice case like that? I would try to contact UPS.

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well I would not give him the money back..(this is what I would do..Just me)..There is too much "room" for him to have made a switch on the parts(after all he is buying or collecting the stuff so he might have a "broken" one that he wants to "find") now he wants his money back HELL NO /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif...If there was insurance then I would follow that route or tell him to file a damage report with the post office or who ever delivered it..They do how ever need to be notified right away.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    But I would not give him the money back...now way no how..
    If he wants to leave neg.feed back then so be it you have the option to respond with your comments after he has made his .. I would not give it to him ..

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    **Here is the kicker....I paid for $200 worth of insurance through UPS**

[/ QUOTE ] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I'd look into collecting on the insurence then.