Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need an antena

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 83ChevK5, Jun 7, 2002.

1. 83ChevK5

83ChevK5 Registered Member

I need a new whip for my 83 k5. I was wondering whats the best antena to get. Keep in mind i live in Seattle, Wa and do alot of trail rides and my antenas take a beating. also were can i get a linear amp??

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I personally like the 102" stainless steel whip. And as far as a Linear, do a search for (H&Y Electronic's).

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Check the parts for sale forum.. Someone is selling 2 antenna's.

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Pace Electronics has what you are looking for.

The antenna issue is a bit of a catch 22. Since you're asking about a linear I'm assuming you are concerned about how far you will be able to talk. The type and location of the antenna needed for trail use isn't the same as what would be best for farthest range. I'd say the best trade off would be a mirror mounted 4' fiberglass whip with a spring. It's not the best location or type of antenna for max range but will still have much better reception than if you "hide" the antenna from trees etc on the trail such as on the back bumper. With the antenna being only 4' and having a spring it will miss many of the objects a roof mounted antenna would hit and should survive being beat up now and then. Plus if you mount it on the driver's side mirror you can pull it out of the way etc if needed.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I want the Texas Star 1200 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Now that'd be the linar to have /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

nah... the TS 1200 isn't that special. The 1600 is just a little more and a much better amp.... But that's a little on the small side for me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Check out the 1.6k Xforce and up.