Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need another truck to put my 327 in

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 23, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I don't anticipate the 307 in my '68 2wd truck to blow up soon (which is what I was saving the 327 for). As most of you know, I don't have enough trucks yet. The bodystyle I'm lacking is a shortbed stepside.

I'm thinking of keeping it lightweight, with the 327, TH350, NP205, shaved 14 bolt and Dana 44 with 4.56 gears, locked in the rear, no winch or heavy bumpers. I want something "fast" for some of the mud races.

The 327 has domed pistons right now. I figure throw some open chamber head on it. I have an Erson gear drive, and 1.6 ratio full roller rockers for it. For cams, I was looking at one of the Comp Xtreme 4x4 ones, 262/270, .462/.480 lift, 111*.

Any helpful hints on the ability to go faster? :grin:

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am running one of those XE262 cams in my 355 -- I really like it! Excellent vaccum at an idle, and overall, the engine just runs awesome!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, you seem to be good at blowing stuff up... and i don't think you have anything supercharged or nitrous'd... maybe you would make some crazy power and it would hold together for years if your were purposely trying to blow up that 327. :rotfl: