Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need bigger tires and lockers...( I got stuck bad )

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Mar 17, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

So I am wheeling a long today and I have my driver side on land and my pass side on ice. I am almost to the end and my front tire falls in. Bumber almost in the water. After about 1 hour of pissing around I said screw it. To make a long story short I ended up getting pulled out my my step-dads dodge. What is a good locker to put in my truck? I want it to me a full locker. I would put one up front and in the rear. Stock axles (3.73)....1986 K5 Blazer 350 TH350 Np208 soon to be a Np205.
    I know if I had 33" and a locker I would of made it out easy.

Now for tires Should I go WIDE or some what wide are 8" 33".
    Rims I am getting
    http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&part=ARE-7725883&FROM=MG
    Tires I want to get
    http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294921520+4294793325+4294905005&autoview=sku
    Could you guys please show me some other GOOD tires for mudding, hill climbing.
    Thanks
    Adam

Thanks
    Adam

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

if you wheel on ice alot, id skip the front locker and go with a limited slip.

i have always liked the procomp tires, and usuall around april/march, they have the buy three get one free. i really liked my 33 xterrains.

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I don't really wheel on ice a lot.
    This is the first time in a long time

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Is your rear diff open or a govlock? With 3.73 gears there is a good possibility that you have a govlock out back. This means that you can't drop in a lunchbox locker if you have a govlock. If you have the govlock then leave it till it breaks and add a lockright to the front axle. If they are both open then drop in 2 lockrights.

I wouldn't waste alot of money on your 10 bolts unless you are really set on keeping them and keeping the truck fairly stock.

Harley

5. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

My solution, Boggers+ Ice chains, I do not slip, I drive on snowmobile trails that are nothing more then packed snow and ice, most of them are all off camber tight trails through the trees. Works for me. Boggers alone are miserable on packed snow and ice by the way.

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

just remember lockers and bigger tires = harder to get stuck.. however when you do... YER STUCKER!!!! :haha:

7. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

fill me in on this govlock. What years had that? 87GMC JIMMY would they be there?

8. LVJimmy

LVJimmy 1/2 ton status

AMEN