Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need cheap health insurance for three months

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sickquad, Feb 28, 2005.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

So, I just got a great job. The first three months are a trial with no benefits but with a bunch more pay. Anybody know of some cheap medical insurance companies? I am just looking for a plan I can buy for emergency use in case I do something stupid.

I can get Tufts from them for $500 a month for the first three months. That is way too much. It is just me, I'm single with no kids.

Any advice will be appreciated.

-Chris

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

aflaq sp? the one with the duck. aflak?

either way, they came to our company to offer extra insurance, and their rates were very reasonable

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Look around for a catastrophic policy(covers the real stuff, not if you have a cold, etc.). You should be able to do it for about $100.00/month. My wife did that for about 3 months a couple of years ago between jobs.

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Check out American republic insurance at americanrepublic.com

We got my wife on of those Health Savings account policys, in which she got her premium cut in half, and ended up with more coverage. HSA's combine catastrophic coverage with a tax deductible savings plan. It's way cool, and they have all sorts of different coverages for different situations.

You could also check out American community mutual insurance. I'm with them, and they have a good dental program once you're vested in it, in addition to catastrophic coverage. they have policies favoring individuals, which is something you don't always find. I pay 165 a month for mine.

Tom

5. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

There are a amazing amount of health insurance companies out there. This isn't as easy as I first thought.