Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need computer help too

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Jul 27, 2003.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

A while back my computer got knocked off my desk by someone stupid (it was an accident though).

Everything has been ok tell now. The audio cord was already a stretch to it, so when it fell it loosened up that plug hole a bit. My sound has recently got static in it, and the music sounds like there is an echo alomst. It changes a little as a jiggle the cord, but wont go away.

It has an audio card (soundblaster something or another) so I am thinking I should just replace this?? Is this something a non nerd can do, or should I take it in?
    TIA

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It has an audio card (soundblaster something or another) so I am thinking I should just replace this?? Is this something a non nerd can do, or should I take it in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this is something a non nerd can do. Just buy a new sound card, take out the old one and put in the new one and install the software that came with the new one. Oh, while your changing the cards, make sure your computer is turned off /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Nothing to it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

yes this is something a non-nerd can do... simply call your local nerd friend, offer him some beer in exchange for the card installation and BAM... for (16.00 for the sound card + 10.00 for the beer) 26.00 your all fixed up... and have a few really good links to "the Matrix" or Star Trek. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go buy a new one they are easy to put in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry to but in but Mine just started to get an echo in it what can I do to fix that. SHould I reinstall the card and software or what??? Help!!!

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what sound card do you have? I'm betting its just a setting that got changed on yours /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif