Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED DOUBLER INFO !!!!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by smp, Dec 15, 2000.

1. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Ok i am in the process of getting a th-400 and wanted to make sure that i need one that bolts up to a np-203 or can i use one with a np-205? and will this also work for the gen. 2 ?

[​IMG] SMP

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

One of the key points with the Doubler is that you have to be able to put the 203 behind your transmission. So in your case you would need the TH400 with the short output shaft that came with a 203 application. The stickout will be about 1 3/8". If you can't find the shaft, we SOMETIMES can, not always. We're working out some different ways of coupling this stuff to make the parts easier to find, but at this point, you need a TH400 that came with a 203. Or when it's built, have the correct output shaft installed.

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

So the important thing is the output shaft and i can swap these shafts? Do i have any problems with 205 and 203 bolt patterns to the tranny?

[​IMG]

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Got some new stuff going on here.
    The "traditional" way of coupling the 400 and 203 is just like the factory did:
    1 3/8" stickout trans output shaft
    factory adapter plate
    factory 32 spline input in 203

We're looking into building a new adapter plate that will allow you to use the more common NP208 shaft stickout length of 2.5" Only problem is on a K5 it may not be the best way because it adds an inch to the drivetrain, and will probably be more expensive than a used adapter plate. If you can't find the plate of shaft though, it could be the way to go.

BTW we have the 32, 27, and 10 spline input gears for the 203's to help mix and match this stuff.

Also, the back of all the TH400's is the same bolt pattern, so no problems there.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD