Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need friends in eastern NY. anybody wanna play?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Jul 17, 2000.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am all alone over here. all my friends grew up and I have nobody to play with. I hope to have my truck all back together by next spring, but I'll have nobody to ride with. hate wheeling alone. there's a club nearby but, alot of jeep guy's in it. " if you can keep up with us, you can come" I'd like to drive over them!! somebody please play with me.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

where are you in NY

fix'n finally

3. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

hey.. Im in the Corning Area.. and Bondo is in the Hornell area. My blaze should be done soon.. and bondo's is getting new duds (skins)

Let me know

Project Silver Bullet
    http://coolwebworks.com/blazer/12jul991.htm

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I went to UB and dated couple of girls from up there, Brockport, Fairport, West Seneca, Allegany. We should Start getting together around oneonta or something. Do some wheeling in the mountains. I'm on long island. But I'll drive upstate, I'm always looking for an excuse to leave this hell hole.

5. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

Im in Mass and would definately wheel with you sometime. I mostly go to new hampshire and wheel the power lines and stuff, but I am always looking for new areas.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

6. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Hey 85blaze, I hear mine is looking pretty sweet. I'll be over tomorrow. Maybe we should head up and meet bablazer73 sometime? Blazerbob is near here too, maybe he'd be interested.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I live near Rochester but I have a friend in Binghamton who I wheel with a lot. He's in a jeep club but he's still cool, it's probably the one your talking about because he has to drive up to the mountains to meet them for rides. When I get my truck back from the body shop (this week, I hope) I'm going on a couple rides with them. It would be cool to get all the K5's together and show up the jeep guys.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

8. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you find some good trails, me and Bill will come up there and ride them with you. Is there any that you know of in the Catskill area?
    </font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

9. bablazer73

I am in schenectady. 7 miles west of albany. I camp in lake luzerne. just outside of lake george. 60 miles north of home. I have state maps of trails in the adirondacks, but don't want to try them alone. my camp has alot of sites open and the trails aren't to far away. maybe we can plan an outing. I have been trying to find trails we can run in the catskills, but nothing yet. I have talked too blazerbob, and we were thinking of an east coast meet. but nothing has been decided yet. my truck won't be done till next year though. complete overhaul!

10. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah.. Why not.. Mine is getting better.. it goes slow and seems slower and slower when you have never done this type of body work before.. sshoot as of right now I think yours is farther than mine by a whole shot! But hey.. It will have some pride when its done.. one more patch to fit on mine.. and 2 more to weld on.. then somemore bondo work..

Project Silver Bullet
    http://coolwebworks.com/blazer/12jul991.htm

11. Udy

Udy Registered Member

Sounds good to me! I'm in Fairport NY (Rochester suburb). I never did get a chance to turn in the plates for my winter Blazer ('89 with 220K miles). I'd like to abuse it a little! I belong to a club in Henrietta that does a lot of wheeling-again, mostly jeeps. They go all over: Adarandacks?, PA, Southern tier, etc.... I'd go if a few other Blazers went. Check out www.mudnuts.org for past rides and scheduled events!

12. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

hey Fairport guy do you know these two characters, Robert Stanton and Dean Van Harkin. Dean is about 6 foot 7 inches tall and he's got a Harley or at least he had one. They are both from Fairport.

13. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm finally going to get to a Mudnuts meeting in August. I've been trying for a while but something always seems to come up. Steve from Tufftruk is always bugging me about it. Do you go to the meetings? If you do I'll see you on the 7th. One of my friends is going to plan a ride when I get my Jimmy back, I'll see if we can get all the K5's in the area together for it.
    Joe

Joe
    88 Jimmy

14. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I'm up for getting together but my rearend just blew up and I don't have the money or time to fix it right now so my wife is driving it around in 4 wheel right now so that when the rear totally blows up she can still go. Got any spare rearends laying around Henry?

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

15. bablazer73

yes I do!! what blew up? I have open carriers, whole axels, 14 bolt axels, what do you need? do you know what gears? your close by. we could meet part way. whatever you need! anything for a k5 guy!! I'll bring a dash pad too!!

16. Udy

Udy Registered Member

JCG-See ya at the meeting in August. Have'nt missed one yet! You aught to go to Canfield Ohio 4Wheel Jambo next weekend! Steve from tuff-truck knows me. Did they lift your truck?
    Jimmydie6.2-I don't know either of those guys.

17. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I would go to Canfield but I've got to work Saturday night. I shoot fireworks for Young Explosives and I can't really get out of it because I'm the show leader. I've also got to get my new (to me) boat ready for my vacation a week later. Tufftruk did the lift on my truck in November. Steve says it's the K5 from hell because it took a LONG time. I'm glad they charge flat rate labor!
    Joe

Joe
    88 Jimmy

18. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I'm going to pull the cover this weekend and see what happened then I'll let you know what I need. Thanks Henry

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

19. bablazer73

I have 2 complete rear axels and some parts. open carrier, axels, some gears, mostly 3.08. drop me a line. I'll help anyway I can.

20. Kcze9159

Kcze9159 Registered Member

I'm out in western MA, out by exit 2 on the turnpike. I dont even have a blazer right now :( but I'm looking. My father's got a few and I drive the mothers old suburban around for now, hey, its close anyhow :)