Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need HELP finding a part!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I need to find the locking bracket for the passenger seat, Not sure exactly what its called, its the bracket that holdes the rear of the seat in the locked position. Ive looked in catalogs but with no luck. Any help would be great!!! Oh yea its for a 75 blazer. If any one has one for sale let me know.

Thanks,

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Have you already tried junkyards? They probably won't tell you whether or not they have one, but they might tell you whether or not they have any of the right trucks.

Other than that, you may have to call a dealer. They might still have them.

'85 JIMMY
    '90 paint/grill/trim 5"susp 33/12.5/16.5
    Fresh 350 B&M '87 TH700

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

it comes in a bunch of pieces. you might try GM. here are some numbers for you.

LEVER, this is the lever. #14006061
    HOOK, this is the hook. #470963.

this will get you started. if GM still has this stuff and you need the rest of the numbers, let me know. there is about at least 10 parts to make the latch work.

4. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

See i told u i was not sure if i was calling it the correct thing. It is the peice that is attached to the floor board and the latch actully goes into it. Mabey that clears it up, SORRY

Bigmeats

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Remind me what it looks like...I Had one not sure if I still have one. I remember pulling the latch off the roached seats before I tossed them and I replaced the floors in my truck but did not use the factory mounts. It may have gotten tossed but I will look for it either tomorrow night (friday) or Sunday. Trail riding Saturday. I seem to recall it was about 4 inches long with an oval hole...that sound right?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Grim, I think so, i only saw one for about 30 seconds. My truck did not come with one. But i do remember the oval hole. I think it sat up off the floor a couple inches.

I cant believe that LMC doesn't carry this part[​IMG]!!
    Thanks for looking. (i actually need 2 now i just bought a 1972 blazer and of course its missing on that one too!

Bigmeats

7. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i don't see how you can have a k5 and not have the scuff plate and the hole with the pin that holds the hook for the seat. btw, the hole for the hook is in the floor, not raised. also that passenger seat has to be one of the worst designed seats ever. i thought mine really sucked. today i had the pleasure of installing a set of tan leather buckets from a '98 suburban. oh my, talk about the difference between night and day. wow. and i got 6-way power and lumbar control. anyway, i think you should be able to find all you need at a junkyard. i have seen some stripped blazers, but they never take those pieces. good luck.

8. If its aK5 seat I have a parts blazer with the interiorn still intact.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

9. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

What year is your parts Blazer? Anythig yunger than a 75 wont have the correct locking plate.
    Thanks

Bigmeats

10. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Grim,
    Any luck with that part? Not to be pushy or anything [​IMG]

Bigmeats

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I was putzing around in the shop sunday and didn't come across it. Not saying it not there just that I havn't found it yet. I got a big pile of scrap metal and it might be in that but it will be sunday before I get back out there. Working double shift so no time to look durring the week, and my kid has a birthday party at a skating rink on Saturday. sorry. Hopefully it's still around. I remember removing it just don't remember what I did with it 2 years ago.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/