Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help, my new rims don't fit.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by travis, Apr 12, 2001.

1. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

I need help, my new rims don\'t fit.

UPS dropped off my 16x10 Eagles yesterday. I went to put them on today and found that the front rims hit the tie-rod ends. These rims have a 4.5" backspacing which I thought was stock. It doesn't really matter because all of the 16" wheels I've looked at only come in 4.5" backspacing. My thoughts are to buy wheel spacers. The cheap 5/16" spacers from the local parts house aren't thick enough. I called the place where I got my rims and I'll have to eat the shipping cost both ways if I want a refund, then I'm still stuck without rims. I was thinking of ordering 1" spacers for the front and 2.5" spacers for the rear. That will move the rims out enough and even out the tracking. The problem is they run about $300. What do you guys think? Should I go with them? I don't care about the extra wear they will put on the bearings. That's a gamble I'm willing to take. Bearings are easy enough to replace. Does anyone know of a wheel manufacturer that offers different offsets in a 16x10 wheel for a reasonable price? Should I just sell my Claws and wheels and start over with 15"? I've got right at $1000 invested in the tires and wheels. It's killing me having these thingssitting in my driveway and not being able to put them on. Any comments/suggestions?

Travis

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Re: I need help, my new rims don\'t fit.

oohh,dude that's killer.Try Stockton wheel,See if they can modify the new rims or maybe they have some spacers.Hate that feeling when your all excited and then something bad happens and all that adrenalin your feeling drains from your body.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stocktonwheel.com/>http://www.stocktonwheel.com/</A>

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

3. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

Trav,

Bummer about the rims. Don't have any answers, but I'll have a beer for you to commiserate.

Harry

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Major bummer... My wheels have 3.75" backspacing, FWIW...