Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help on lifting my 77 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Jul 2, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I am planning on lifting my Blazer 6" up front and 8" in the back. Do i need to buy any sort of pitman arm, transfer case bracket etc.? Where can i buy ubolts for and 8" lift or 6" lift? For the back i bought 4" springs and 2" blocks (like Pro omps lift but alot cheaper), and for the front im just doing 6" springs. Where can i buy U bolts for those applications? If i need any special products...where can i find them? I also would like to know if 6" up fornt and 8" in back will look good with 35's. I will upgrade later on but for now its staying the same. Has anybody put cutouts on there Blazer? Im debating on putting Flowtech Cutouts after my headers, i would like to know if they are good sounding and performance wise. Thanks alot.

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Raised steering arm, lengthed driveshafts, drop the t-case 1+ inches, longer brakelines, etc. U bolts can be had from most 4 wheel shops, or any spring shop. It will probably look ok w/ 6 in front and 8 out back. I'm pretty sure there is more to the lift than what I've already stated, but it's too early to think. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

John

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Are you talking about the Flowtech Warlocks?? If you want cutouts, get these, they're great! I've had 'em for about a year and I plug and unplug them weeky with no leaks so far. I replaced the wingnuts that come with the plugs with 9/16" nuts to get them on tighter, and I can take them off while the muffler is still hot b/c I use a ratchet. The only complaint I have about is that the paint burnt off within hours and they have a fine layer of rust on them now. I'm just gonna paint them with some super high heat paint though.