Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need HELP quicly bleeding my clutch!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KrebsATM02, Mar 4, 2003.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Here is my situation, i'm putting a sm-465 in my blazer and decided to go hydraulic. The only problem is i couldn't find a bell housing, so i made my own bracket to hold the slave. The bracket is plenty strong and it mounts so that when the slave is pushed all the way in the fork is on the 16 little prongs on the pressure plate. Also, i made the bracket inside the truck on the pedal only to move an 1.5", because that is the stroke length on the master cylinder. I'm also using a hydraulic line, with an 1/8 inch ID. When i bleed, all i do is keep getting air. I took the slave off and held it down thinking air could get trapped somewhere. What is my problem???? I need this fixed now, i still have to swap a dana 60 in before saturday morning when i leave on a 14 hour trip to las cruces for spring break. Help me please!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

acouple times when i have had to bleed these and it wouldn't work out. i left the cap off with fluid in it, then took the slave off, (with hose attached) and pushed it in againt the frame. this pushing the air out the top. you should feel it getting more resistance after a couple of strokes.
    when you feel satisfied put it back on.
    i don't know what this is called, i just called it back bleeding.
    hope this help's and you can understand.
    dave

3. KrebsATM02

yeah i understand, the slave and master should have the same bore and length i would think, so pressing the slave would do the same thing as pushing the master. Anyone else??

4. KrebsATM02

help please!!!! I'm desperate!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Are you sure you don't have a pinhole leak somewhere letting air in? I've had a similar problem on a furd while replacing the master, and after changing the slave and hose the problem disappeared.

6. KrebsATM02

Everything is brand new???? Guess i'll inspect everthing better than i have tommorow. I've got to get this thing moving!!!

7. KrebsATM02

any other ideas?

8. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I know this doesn't really help you, but I have a s10 where I replaced all the clutch hydraulics and just couldn't get it to bleed. I got fed up with it, and didn't touch the truck for 2 1/2 months. I went to move it today, and it worked fine! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    One suggestion a friend of mine had, even though I never got around to it, was to lift the front of the truck way up so that the master cylinder outlet was at the high point. Then he said to take off the slave, wrap the pushrod and body with several layers of duct tape(to keep the piston from flying out), and hold it to where the bleeder is at the very top. Then have a friend push the pedal for you. He said that doing that always helped him with stuck air bubbles whenever he had a particualry difficult truck. Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif