Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help right away please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka454, Mar 11, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Has anybody tried the X-Terrain from procomp, 4wheel parts has a special buy 3 and get the 4th free. and I need to buy some 8 lug rims and I thought I would buy the tires might as well, anyway the whole package with lugs and caps, 35" tires and eagle 589 rims what do you guys think of the price? I need to buy them like now because I'm swaping the axles this weekend and the sale ends on Saturday, anybody has experience on this X-Terrain?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what is the price?

3. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

OOOOOOps I knew I forgot something I hate typing too fast, total price out the door is $1211 and some change mounted and balanced.

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Is that for 4 or 5 tires/wheels? That sounds a bit high for a set of four tires/wheels (just estimating that the 589s are about $110 a piece x 4, and the 35s are probably around $150 each x 3= about $900, + tax would be about $960 or so...I don't think that mounting and balancing are worth $250??) I could be way off on the prices, but I shouldn't be $250 off...If this is for 5 tires, then it is a better deal...did they break down the costs for you?? You can usually haggle with them and at least get the Tire Warranty for free if nothing else...

Good luck. Just as an aside, I got my 589s at a place in San Diego (can't remember for the life of me what the name of the place was, but is in Spring Valley area I think - on Hameshaw Blvd (sp?)) a few years back for $86 bucks a piece...maybe they have gone up since then...

5. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

dude save the money and go with bfg's...for that cost it isn't worth it....

Well I guess if it incudes the rims then it might be ok!

didn't read that far...

6. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

No this is only for 4

7. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

You know what it's funny the guy told me that the X-Terrain were way better than the as far as handling and durability??? I dont know, I seriously dont know which ones to buy.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Keith, that is like flashback time..............I lived in Spring Valley on Austin Blv'd, right off Jamacha Blvd..........know what tire place you're talking about. LIved there 85-89...........

9. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Go to Discount Tire and see what they can do. I have always had them beat someone elses so called better price. I like BFG mud terrain's myself. Last set I had them siped and got 45,000 miles out of them. I have 12,000 on this set and the look brand new.

10. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

The hell with it I'm going with the BFG's I'm currently running 33 AT's and they are great so now I guess I'm going mud terrain and 35's thanks for the info guys, once again this is the best place aside from my house hehehe thanks.

11. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

i saw u on yer way home sun night dude sorry to off topic..

12. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

dude call jon at their lynwood washington store he will make you a sweet deal??? i just got procomp mt's 33/12.50/15's delivered to my door in bklyn for $560.00? my 2 cents. jack

13. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I might be too late, but a club member just got a set of 35s and we were out last weekend. They worked REAL nice in the mud and he drive it an hour to get there, and didnt say anythig bad about them. So far I like them a lot. Hmm.. maybe for the Suburban....

Ken H.

14. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I really like the looks of the X-terrain and I think that it could end up being about the ultimate compromise between looks, off road performance and on-road performance. The reviews say that it handles great on the road and I don't see how they could perform much worse than Baja Claws off road.

The price seems a little high. That is not a buy 4 for 3 price. I think that you EITHER get the 3 for 4 OR the package deal, but not both. The 35's are about $165 and the wheels are about $110. That's $935 + mount/balance/shipping. The nice thing about Pro Comp tires is that 4WPW has a lot of room to haggle with you on the price. If you order BFGs, those are a lot right from the factory, so places can't cut back as much.

15. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I purchased 5 ProComp Xterrain tires from 4WPW in December and it cost me $920 to get 4 of the five mounted...I love them on the street and they hold there own in what little mud I have been in since I bought them...

Chris