Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need help w/ some seat fabrication

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

hey guys, im gonna be picking up some bucket seats out of a 2000 silverado tomarrow. and i will be puttin them in my 85 blazer
    i need some help on how to fabricate the brackets to install them. what do i need to do?
    i know people have put in seats from other cars, what have yall done?
    is it hard?
    thanks guys, i cant wait till i pick them up tomarrow!!! =)
    these are gonna be awesome.

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

2. Confederate9

oh come on guys, i know some of u have done this before

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got seats from an '84 Mustang SVO in my '75 K5. A bit of time with the welder attached the K5 seat mounts to the bottom of the Mustang seat frames.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I've got some Firebird seats in mine, actually one Firebird seat and one Blazer seat (I also have one of each sitting inside my house because I've been too lazy to get the other Firebird seat installed). When you get your new seats, take your old ones out along with your console, cause it will get in your way, and set your new ones in and if your lucky, one or two of the holes will line up (this can help you get the seats straight). Get your new seats lined up how you want them, drill the holes, and blot them down. If their too low, you can use some spacers too raise them. I raised mine 4-1/2 inches with some pipe I got from Home Depot. Good luck.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</a>

5. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

i used some channeled steel and bolted mine on . i have a 75 and put in a pair of 99 burb seats. channel iron looks like this( [ ). with out the parentasis(sp). its a line with two sides on it. i used them with the sides facing the floor board. i marked where the original bolt holes were in the floorboard for the seats. these are important because they are braced for accidents. i then drilled holes for them. on my seats, the front seat bolts were the only ones that lined upto the original bolt holes in the floorboard. i marked the seat holes from the burb seats on the flat side of the channel iron. the flat side of the iron will mate with the bottom part of the seat track assembly. the reason i used the channel iron is so i can put a bolt up through the bottom of the channel iron and attach the nut on top for the rear hole in the track assembly. plus its strong then regular flat steel. the front bolts of the seats go through the seat track assembly then through the channel iron then through the bolt hole in the floor board. the rear hole in the seat track assembly has the bolt coming up through the channel iron then through the seat track assemly hole and bolted on top. the rear bolt hole in the floorboard just had the bolt through the channel iron then throught the bolt hole in the floorboard. they are both secure and work great. if you have a welder, im sure you can do that also by welding the channel to the bottom of the seat assembly but someone stole my welder. i hope this wasnt confusing. i can email you pics but its dark out and raining right now.

6. Confederate9

these are some great ideas guys!
    thanks
    any other ideas?

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I just mounted mine to my cage, but retained the sliding feature. You can see pics here:

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79>http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79</a>

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

8. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I like the Shock mounts. Got ideas flowing in my twisted K5 mind.

Later <font color=green>KEN</font color=green>
    Fremont, CA
    DANGIT it's not a bronco!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kensk5>My Picts</a>

9. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

If your new seats are coming out of a 2000 Silverado, they should virtually bolt in. You'll have to drill 2 new holes behind the original holes in the floor. The front bolt holes line up to the seat frames. Took me about 1-2 hours to install mine, including coffee breaks, or was it beer? Good luck.

87 K5, 427/340hp BBC,4.56 D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM rear disc's,