Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help with a lift and axle swap.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dieselmh, May 2, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I've have my 1 ton axles sitting in the shop for a while now (Thanks for Brians 60s and Offroadbarn for the great deals) and now I'm ready to put them in. I have a 1st Gen, but that board doesn't get much traffic. I want to install an 8 inch lift and the new axles at the same time. I can find lift kit, but the extended brake hoses that I find say that they only fit later model trucks, not my Gen 1. Since my axles came from later model stuff, will these hoses work, or will I have to have some made. What is the difference in the hoses. Also, does anyone know the best place online to get prices for lifts, and possibly order online? Thanks for the help.

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

PM 72Thing for first gen details. He has done it all. I think that the lines will be fine. I would recommend getting part numbers from Skyjacker and ordering from FourWheel Parts. They can give good prices, but don't trust any of their info.