Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help with an IFS Truck in Mckinney!!!

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Lotsa_Faith, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Has anybody around me ever dealt with an IFS front end and the torsion bar keys? My friend is putting some new leveling keys under his '00 Z71, but neither of us know how to do it...so anybody around here willing to help us and know somewhat what they are doing?

2. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

ANYBODY?!?!?!?

OK then I guess its goin in to let the 4wheelparts guys in Plano mess it up...

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Don't mind helpin' out,...never messed with an IFS, but shouldn't be that hard with a manual to follow.....there's a 4x4 shop in Van Alstyne that may help..I'm in school in Dallas all week, but I'll try to post the number when I get home......Hell, big as that town is, it should be easy to find in directory assistance......the guy who owns the shop runs a mid 80's K5 with 44's......

4. bigblue86

bigblue86 Registered Member

Hey man to bad old Truck Magic went out of business there LOL.. Hey man here is what to do.. I hate to see you take it to them.. Hey I own David's Off Rd of Texas out of Farmersville but I just moved to East Tx yesterday..00 are a bit different When I do it I just screw the torsion nuts in, those torsion bars can alter 5.5" of lift BUT
    it will distort the drive line angles. good luck man. my cell # is 469-441-7311 if u need more help. I go mudden down near Farmersville all most every Fri I may be able to swing by and help ya out.. Let me know

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif