Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help with this Replacing carb to Tbi,,,, HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazindorito, Apr 9, 2004.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I have a rebuilt 350. I have an opportunity to purchase a 95 350 tbi engine complete with computer and harness. My question is how hard would it be convert my carb to TBI using the other engine. I know I have to make all the electric stuff work and place on dash. Would I need to rewire my fuse box to make everything work? Should I do this or just keep it carbed? I currently have a Holley truck avenger carb. Does well but still stalls on inclines and declines. What do you guys think?

2. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Anyone out there done this before? Should I or shouldn't I?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Well I am not exactly sure about the 95 system, but if it is like the 87-91 system on Blazers then it isn't terribly hard. Just have to get ALL the components. Wiring harness, computer, sensors, relays, manifold, throttle body, etc.

You will have to worry about the fuel system too. You need a higher fuel pressure for FI then a mech pump can provide. So you need a fuel pump, either inline or intank that provides about 20 PSI.

If you have a 700R4 you might need a new TV cable. I am not sure on that though. I did when I swapped in TPI.

You might need a new throttle linkage as well. You will need the distributor too.

The mechanical part of getting the motor in or manifold swapped on is the easy part. Then you have to worry about fuel system, and of course the wiring can be the biggest nightmare if the harness is hacked up. Make sure that when you take the harness out of the donor truck that you mark everything as you pull it off is sensor, relay, etc.

Harley