Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LadyReaper, Mar 12, 2002.

1. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

Hey guys and gals. I know I haven't posted in a while and here I am asking for a favor! How bias of me. What can I say, the 13 month old has me chasing her constantly! She is so beautiful and smart! Anyhow, onto the topic. This is something that is very dear to my heart, as is, I am sure many of yours. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer before I was born. I can't tell you how much that has hurt me over the years...I guess I am just tender hearted.
    A friend of mine is walking in the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day, she needs more donations quickly!
    If you have any questions please feel free to ask me if I can't answer your question I will ask or forward your question to her (your choice). I have deleted her e-mail addy for her privacy. If you would like her e-mail address let me know. Here is a post I recieved from her on another forum.....

I have become completely desperate, I am here now asking that you forward this letter to everyone you know. I have exhausted my family and my friends, I have sent out many letters via our local post office with no avail, I still have over $400 to raise in pledges in less a week. So now I am begging for your help. Please keep in mind this money is not for me, it is sent directly to the cause, and without reaching the pledge amount, I can not do the walk in April. If you choose to donate via check, and the check is sent after March 13th, I won't receive credit in time, so you can send the check directly to me, if you'll help please email me for my address, but check must still be made out to "Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day"...Thanks!
    I want to thank those of you that have already donated, but please forward this onto your family and friends!!!

Kathlene Kloepfer , Ramona, Calif, 92065, USA
    Email:

March 12, 2002

Dear Friends,

Four of the most frightening words for any woman to hear are "you have Breast Cancer." I don't know what it feels like to hear them, but I can imagine the terror they invoke and the images that are conjured up when they are heard in conjunction with yourself. I don't know what surgery for this disease is like, however, I know that a disfiguring surgery must be heart breaking to have to undergo. I don't know what chemotherapy or radiation feel like, but I know they cannot be very pleasant. I don't know what it feels like to have the words "I have breast cancer" come out of my mouth, nearly shocking myself every time I utter it. I need your help and I will explain what it is I need from you if you will be so good as to read
    this letter.

Each year there are about 180,000 new cases and 40,000 will lose their lives to this dreaded disease.. It’s time to do something to stop this disease in its tracks. This is why I am making a major commitment do something to aid in the fight against breast cancer.

I am participating in the Avon 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk, April 12-14, 2002. I will walk 60 miles from Carlsbad, California to South Mission Bay, California with 3000 other walkers in an effort to raise money for early detection and education of breast cancer. The walk is a project of the Avon Products Foundation, Inc (501 c 3), a non-profit organization operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. The net proceeds from this event will support non-profit breast health programs in every region of the country and medical research on breast cancer.

There are many reasons why I’ve chosen to do the walk, but the main one being to be a part of something that WILL make a difference. I want so much to contribute to this event, the goal of which is to make it possible for us to one day eradicate breast cancer completely.

This is where you come in...

I am asking for you help. And as most of you know, it is not always easy for me to ask for help. I am asking you to make a commitment to support me. I’ve agreed to reach a goal of $1,900 in pledges between now and March 15, and I need your help to get there. I still have $400 to raise in pledges. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible pledge to help me meet my goal. If you choose to make a donation they must now be mailed to me. The check should be made out to "Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day" I can take the donation with me to what they call Day Zero, on that day they will verify the amount of pledges I have, If I have reached the goal I will be allowed to walk, beginning on Day 1. I believe if you phone within the next week or make a donation online, I may still get credit in time. Other wise like I noted to must be mailed to me to take to Day Zero (1-800-825-1000).

You can make a donation online by going to: http://www.bethepeople.com/donations/online.html , choose the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day, San Diego, 2002. ( which is the event I am walking) Next enter my name and walker number (noted below) this will bring you to the online donation form page in my behalf. Please verify that my name and participate number is listed on the form, Doing this will ensure that the donation is credited to me.

You can also phone 1-800-825-1000 and phone in a donation, also giving them my name and participate number. If you have any problems, please email me.

If you have more questions about this extraordinary event, contact me, my email address is (above). The Avon walk is all about individuals coming together to take care of those we see every day in our own neighborhoods. These people we seek to help could include your wife, grandmother, mother, sister, daughter, granddaughter, yourself or anyone of those who are bound to in a compassionate society. If you have been affected by Breast Cancer, my heart goes out to you!

Thank you in advance for helping me to reach my goal, helping me to meet my personal challenge and for supporting breast cancer research with your generous donation.

Sincerely,

Kathlene k. Kloepfer

Account ID: Avon Walker # 2657

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

I would but my daughter and her husband are walking in the same, so I got hit on twice already....its a great cause and I hope somebody responds.

White Knight (Texan and orginal)

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I made a donation... not much but I hope it helps her get towards her goal... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. LadyReaper

Every little bit helps, thank you!

5. LadyReaper

It's all going to the same place, that's all that matters! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

Welcome! C'mon folks... so you skip a few meals at Burger King and help this lady out and make a donation... think of what it's for! It's very worth it. I did and I challenge you guys too! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Wish her luck!!!! We have a team of 15 ladies from work participating in this and I made a donation to them otherwise I would help her out. Sorry. I hope she gets what she needs though.

8. LadyReaper

Thanks Donna! She does think that she is closer to reaching her goal. She wont know for a while from the ones that donated via the internet and phone.

9. ChevyCaGal

TTT.....

10. LadyReaper

TTT for those that may have missed it the first time around.
    There's still time to donate.
    Thanks yall.