Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockaFella, Oct 11, 2002.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

ok i have 1984 K5 Blazer and it is a Lovely Truck So i dont wanna tear it up I Know its a Part of Wheeling and all SO i wanna buy a Brother to the blazer Like a Pickup its gonna be a 4x4 so i wont you to help me with my choices
    I am looking at a C20 4x4 Should that be the way to go? And also I wont it to be a little messed up b/c if i do it myself and restore it I know what iv done and how its setup /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just buy what you feel like you want to go out and play with. How much money you want to put out as an initial price and how much you want to dump into it later. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. RockaFella

I Really appreciate the Post ok here is the dealio I wont a Beater Just a old Rag Jacked up on 35 Super swampers and something to show off my Blazer is something to show off but i dont wont it to get beat up /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Then yeah, go find that ragged beater truck or blazer that is already the condition you are looking for and don't care if it gets beat up any more and go out and have a blast wheeling. People to that all the time.

5. RockaFella

Thanx I looked at it that away But I dont wont to Have to Pull out The BIG Blazer To Pull Out a Pickup stuck in tha Mud or Broken Down /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif But a C20 with a 6 inch Lift and 6 inch Body Lift and 35 inch Super swampers WOuld Look Good Tho right? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

A 6" body lift?!? That cant be safe.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

C20's don't come 4x4. C=2wd. K=4x4.
    You want a K20 or a K30.
    Personnaly I think the sweet set up would be a K5 blazer frame with a Pickup cab on 1 ton running gear and a flat bed bobbed right after the rear spring hangers on 38's. that is about the right ticket for most trails. I got half a mind to build one too.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A 6" body lift AND a 6" suspension lift for 35s!? Not only is that way too much lift for 35s, but a 6" body lift is not exactly safe. For 35s on a beater, you could do no lift at all and just chop the fenders. Keep the center of gravity nice and low. I'd recommend looking for a beat up 1 ton, lift it maybe 4 or 6", chop the fenders and run some 38s or 39.5s. It would look cool and be very capable. Or get the 1 ton and a beat Blazer and do a running gear swap from the 1 ton to the Blazer, that would be a great truck for tight trails because of the short wheelbase.</font color>

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    K5 blazer frame with a Pickup cab on 1 ton running gear and a flat bed bobbed

[/ QUOTE ] funny you say that...shaggy k5 and i were just discussin that. just weld the diffs, remove the roof fab up some tube and aim it at whatever you want...the injection and running gear is the stumbling block (as always) cant afford two rigs...at least one is legal
    RYan