Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need hub advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I may change out my hubs when I do the gear install on my frontend. I'm wondering how good these hubs are. I'm running Superwinch right now, have been for 5 years now with no problems.
    Milemarker hubs
    Warn

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I like the Warn premiums, but if the ones you have are fine....keep them.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like superwinches. If yours are working fine why change them? (Rember murphys laws)
    The only problems I have heard about superwinches is when you are running lockers on the front with big tires.

4. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Warn premiums are good hubs. I've heard that Spicer hubs are the strongest, but I don't know for sure.

Will

5. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Like everyone else has said, if it isnt broken, dont fix it. I dont think that there is any advantage to changing from one set of manual hubs to another other than to upgrade to a better/stronger type, but the only time you would really need that is if you broke the ones you have now because they werent strong enough