Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED MORE ENGINE KNOWLEDGE !!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87JIMMY, May 26, 2000.

1. 87JIMMY

87JIMMY Registered Member

I'm learning alot from all of the posts on this board, but I want too learn ALOT more about working on my engine ( '87 350 TBI ). My "lets see what happens if I do this" method of learning is getting too darn expensive. I'm looking for some good books to study from. Anybody know of any? Thanks too everybody on this board for all the info so far!!!!!

Scott 87JIMMY

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Try the library, my local library has a good section of automotive books, or by a Haynes manual at the parts store. They give good explanations with pictures of things

3. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Try the library, my local library has a good section of automotive books, or by a Haynes manual at the parts store. They give good explanations with pictures of things.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

4. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i took a course at a local tech school,learned everything from simple repairs,to rebuilding an engine,cost a little more,but you have a instructor there to help explain everything.

BIGBLOCK MAN

5. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

see if you cant find and engine shop that will let you hang out ...........or a mechanic (not a real big shop) that will let you hang out ..........most people dont mind free labour and the best way to learn is by doing (i got lucky my cousin owns a garage and he got me into racing and building engines) or there is always books ......

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. 65FL

65FL Registered Member

Try this site: http://www.performanceprofessor.com

It does not tell you how to wrench, but it does provide the theory behind getting
    more out of your engine. I would recommend starting from the archives as each
    lesson builds on the ones prior.

Good luck
    Roy

7. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I always use G.M. shop manuals, these can be found at swap meets, I bought mine on E-bay.

8. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey 87Jimmy I'm looking for the same thing, I have my 350 in the Camaro that I'm parting out, if I cant sell the motor I'm thinking of rebuilding it myself, you know to make it my hobbie kinda thing, and I also want to get my hands on a good book that'll walk me step by step in the rebuild so if anybody knows of a good book let us know thaks.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!