Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need Neutral Saftey Switch help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudfanatic, Sep 13, 2000.

1. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Feb 18, 2000
    I am looking at my friend Chilton and Mr Haynes and they are very vague as to how to get to the Neutral Saftey Switch, I get the just on how to adjust the dang thing I just don't know how to access it.
    I guess that i should specify, I have a 1977 Blazer if this helps
    PS. I just got done with my solenoid relocation project and I still don't even get a click out of the starter.

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>
  2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Jun 20, 2000
    Re: Neutral Saftey Switch help

first make sure you need to access this switch. There are 4 big bolts facing upward on the steering column right past the dash. undo these bolts and it will release the collar holding up the steering column. The column will move down about 5 inches, just enough to access the N-switch. The switch I believe is white. It is located on the top of the steering column behind the dash. You can remove it. It has a couple of clips in it from the back of it. the bolts holding it in are tiny, like 1/4 inches bolts. The way you calibate the switch is to use a drill bit that slides into the switch (if i remember correctly from the back) while the truck is in park. The reason why you need to align it is because the vehicle may not start in park or neutral, but may start in gear. take your time its tedious. PS the switch will be able to slide back and forth, thats ok to calibrate it but it should be tight when you get finished.......js