Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need non-blazer help for a restoration. please help me!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, May 12, 2000.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I recently recieved a 78 buick riviera. It was my grandfathers car. he always drove 2 vehicles. a CHEVY truck and his buicks. I was always there to help him work on them. I want to restore the buick, but can't find any parts locally. I have posted many notes on buick boards, and have recieved NO responces. since this is not a "popular" buick to restore, no one cares. This board has been great to and for me. I appeal to all for any help!! please email me if you think you can help. some of the parts I need are specific to 77-78 rivs. I will gladly pay for services. I don't just want this car to go for junk!! overall the car is in good shape, but the interior needs work. I loved my grandfather and he loved his cars. once agian ,please help me, and thanks to all.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

www.yearone.com They are in Atlanta but do Mail order. Mostly muscle cars but if they don't have it they may be able to tell you where to get it.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. bablazer73

I have tried all the normal resto parts houses and some others that are buick only. no good. the parts I need are not available new, anywhere!!! I need parts from junk yards. thats why I need your help! I have searched all the junkyards I could get into within 100 miles. I found 1 car so far. but it didn't have much left of it. I have attached a photo of the car.

5. bablazer73

I have tried all the normal resto parts houses and some others that are buick only. no good. the parts I need are not available new, anywhere!!! I need parts from junk yards. thats why I need your help! I have searched all the junkyards I could get into within 100 miles. I found 1 car so far. but it didn't have much left of it.

6. Udy

Udy Registered Member

I understand your delema! I too recieved a buick from my grandfather (76 Electra limited 2 door). Try www.buickfarm.com Also, try www.classiccar/bombsite.com If those links don't work try searching for the words within the link. Also, theres a buick only junk yard here in Webster (suburb of Rochester NY) that may be able to help. What do you need? Send me an e-mail.

7. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Someone posted www.car-part.com a few days ago. It's an online junkyard network. I browsed for a bit, they seemed to have alot of stuff.

Good luck

8. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Try http://www.copartfinder.com/
    You can do a search and it will show you pictures of the vehicles. I did a search and there was a '73 riv in MA and a '79 riv in NC

Good luck]

Javier

9. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

The place Udy was talking about is called Wilbert's and they do specialize in Buicks. Their phone number is 1-800-462-6749. They are open Sat morning so give them a call to see what they got.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

You might try a copy af Hemmings, kind of a magazine....they have lots of stuff! Sections dedicated to specific makes of cars and parts.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

11. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey, that copartfinder.com is pretty cool. thanks for the tip. more than a few K5's in there.

Phil in K.C.