Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need Part #'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82GMCP/U, Mar 30, 2003.

1. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

I need Part #\'s

I am looking for the part numbers to the drag link ends for my truck, it is a 82 GMC 3/4 ton w/a 10 bolt front with 8lug rims, it has a drop drag link and I can't seem to find any part stores that can find the two end links for me(they don't know what to look for) I know someone has replaced them before, mine are so bad its hard to keep the truck on the road and is getting unsafe to drive. Thanks in advance

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: I need Part #\'s

If it has a dropped drag link, that means it came from Superlift. You are gonna have to call them for the ends as parts stores don't carry those. These are special ends from Superlift. They are also costly. Expect to spend around $50 per end to get that drag link back on the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you have to find a good partsman that can measure and crossreference the part
    he will need to have it in his hand
    it may be the shank has been shortened

4. hoosierk3500

hoosierk3500 Registered Member

You might try having them look under tie rod ends,the parts stores in my neck of the lists them that way.They told me my truck didn't have a draglink /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifHope this helps. Jason84k3500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif85k2500 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

I got one for the tie-rod end, but it realy dosn't fit right, its better than what was in there, but the tapered part dosnt realy fit the hole(its kinda loose in there) Maybe the holes are just oblongated because of the wear from the bad ends. I'm thinking of just getting rid of the truck, its to damn big for what I want to do(hard to lift heavy stuff into back of the truck), or maybe take all the lift back out, or trade it, anyone wanna trade something for it?