Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need pictures of you Clutch.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by swamp donkey, Oct 1, 2002.

1. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

My clutch just aint right. I have no idea what it is supposed to look like, but not like mine.
    If anyone can snap a few pictures of their stock setup I would ohh so appreciate it.
    I need pictures / description of:
    1) The pedal, spring setup
    2) The rod that goes through the firewall, and the hole it goes through
    3) In the engine compartment, how does the above mentioned rod hook to the "next" part?

ANY advice / words of wisdom would be great. Also if you know the part names, and you tell me, I won't have to call things "thingys" of "whatsits".

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't have pics to share but the cluch rod that goes thru the firewall ataches to a "Z" bar. Wich is basically a metal tube that has flanges welded to it on opposite sides and kinda looks like a Z. This Z is your piviot point, a pice of allthread rod then goes to the cluch fork.
    Nowa days alot of folks are converting to a hydrolic setup to get rid of the manual linkage.
    Hope this helps a little...