Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need some D60 edu-macation please...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shane74, Feb 3, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Are most D60 knuckle interchangeable between brands? Like..will a dodge D60 fit on For or Chevy D60's? My buddy has an '86 Ford F350 and needs a right side knuckle. If they can interchange, then maybe I can steer him to some one here with the right part /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just trying to keep the $$ flowing to the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif bretheren and help a buddy out /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im not a d60 expert but i think the only diff between the knuckles is on the ford the spindle is different. i think it has one more bolt holding it on than the chevy/dodge

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

As far as i can remember they are all different between Chevy Dodge and Ford.

Fords are the weakest and have 5 bolts that hold the spindle to the knuckle i think instead of 6 like chevy/dodge.
    The Chevys and dodge's are interchangable the only thing is the dodge knuckles mount the tie rod about 1" or so higher than the chevy knuckles... So if you used one chevy and one dodge knuckle your tie rod would look awfully goofy higher on one side.
    If you had both dodge knuckles that would be cool because your tie rod will be up higher out of the way than with chevy knuckles.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know chevy and dodge D60 parts interchange but I think the fords are a little different.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I know chevy and dodge D60 parts interchange but I think the fords are a little different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem,

The short side inner axle shaft is 2" shorter on a dodge than a chevy...
    And the tie rod location is higher on a dodge knuckle than a chevy.
    And the ubolt top plate on the passanger side, the bolts or studs that thread into the housing are spaced differently on a chevy/dodge.
    Other than that, i think everything else is interchangable.

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem,

The short side inner axle shaft is 2" shorter on a dodge than a chevy...
    And the tie rod location is higher on a dodge knuckle than a chevy.
    And the ubolt top plate on the passanger side, the bolts or studs that thread into the housing are spaced differently on a chevy/dodge.
    Other than that, i think everything else is interchangable.

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Wow, that was fast, look at the post date. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sorry I meant that I thought the hubs were interchangable, I'm not to sure about the rest.

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

VERY FEW parts from a Ford D60 interchange with Chevy & Dodge. The knuckles are different because they use 5 studs to hold the spindle, not 6 like Chevy & Dodge.

I bought a Ford D60 for parts once, really only the carrier and small parts were interchangable with my Chevy stuff.

8. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

all you ever wanted to know about dana 60's here

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thanks! Thats some good stuff!

Thanks for all the replies! Now I know what to tell him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif