Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need some education please...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shane74, Apr 15, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

How does a u-joint removal tool work? and would it help me replace the #1 and #2 u-joints in my front drive shaft? It's the CV that always is a PITA. I think I helped send my last front shaft to an early death when I tore the CV apart to put in new u-joints. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

It acts just like a press, but is a c-clamp looking thing.

[​IMG]

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

So basically, the c-clamp socket do-hicky I made is the same thing? I welded an old socket to the base of the c-clamp to press the old cap out into.

My main question is how to get the u-joints out of the CV w/out screwing it all up. Cut the centers out of them and then press the caps out? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I press both caps out, 1 out each side then just wiggle the cross section out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I need some education please...

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
    How do I rewire a compressor for 220???

[/ QUOTE ] Fixed it for ya... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifJust fawkin with you dood.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That's just it. How do you friggin press the caps on the #1 & #2 u-joint /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They are all held in place by either the CV or the shaft yoke. I'm confuddled /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

press one side out, flip it over and press it back the other way to get the other cap off, do that to all of them.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How do I rewire a compressor for 220???

[/ QUOTE ]

Now here I thought we had that all figured out. I TOLD you all you hafta do is splice in another extension cord so you can plu into 2 outlets at once! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifsheesh! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif