Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need some help/answers please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Jul 28, 2006.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to get my balzer back on the road, and need to get the front suspension finished up. a guy i know here in town told me he had a pair of superlift front 6 inch springs that i could have.
    I went and picked them up today, and i have spent the past several hours just trying to get one spring in. and i don't see how its going to work.
    even tho he assures me that they are 6 inch springs for the front of a k5 i'm not so sure..
    when i removed my front 4 inch lift springs. i measured them from center of spring eye to center of spring eye and i got approx 45.5 inches

the "new" springs measure as follows:

approx 48.5 inches center of spring eye to center of spring eye.
    2.5 inches wide
    placed on flat surface upside down,so that they look like this-->n..a upside down u..they measure 11 inches from the ground to the top..
    and they have 8 leafs in the pack

so are these indeed 6 inch super lift springs? if so how the heck do you get them in?...with the front of them bolted in place, and my rear shackle pushed all the way back, the springs seem to still be to long....

help....

2. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Just went out and measured my 6" Superlift springs.This is what I came up with, 47+" center of eye to center of eye ( installed) and a 5 leaf pack. The ones you describe may be the HD spring. Almost sound like an 8" lift.I'm sure someone can verify this for you.Hope this helps.

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

are you still useing the factory back shackle? if so how did you get them to fit?...

as for you having 5 leafs and mine having 8, i'm wondering if they are even for a k-5?...

if i was to remove 3 leafs from the pack, i still don't think they will fit. how long is your back shackle?

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok i just went outside and stared at them again, and now i'm getting myself all confused...

from one spring eye to the center pin is longer than the other spring eye to the center pin...which end goes to the front? the short end or the long end?......

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

any one else want to chime in?????

6. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I believe blazer,suburban,truck front springs are all the same the rear's are what are different. I will go try to measure mine, 6in. rough country

7. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

from the front eye to the center was 24-1/4 and the whole thing from eye to eye straight across was 47-1/2 hope that helps

8. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

I'm still using the factory shackle.As for the amount of leafs,I'm thinking I have the Super-ride or something like that and you may have the HD setup.Your right about one end being longer than the other,but I can't remember which goes forward.Just swap one around and see if it fits.:dunno:

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

This makes me think they are possibly high lift rear springs for something...because stock front springs, the centering pin is center in the springs. And 52/56 are offset...

Are you bolting them to the shackle first, then to the solid front mount?

10. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

bolting to solid mount first... and once i do that, i can't get them in the rear shackle. they seem to long.....eye to eye they are 48.5 spring eye to center pin is 21.5 on the short side

11. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i would try and put tham into the shackle end first than into the solid front mount....., they almost seem right to me but.... hummmm, if you can get them in that way awesome, but the rear spring eye might hit the frame (if shackle is stock) see if that works