Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need some help with figuring out how to do my lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 Jimmy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

i've done searches to read on everything and all this reading and not understanding most of this stuff is making my head hurt... :what:

i'm new to this stuff but i know the p/o didn't do the lift i have on it now right... since it's 4 inch lift blocks front and rear.

anyway i want to do a 6" lift. what's the best way to do this and what do i need to get?

can you guy's give me a list of things that i need to get so i can order everything and then not have to wait another week or 2 cause i forgot something, or didn't know i needed something.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

it has 4" blocks in the front?!?!?! remove them immediately! that is not safe. 6" lift springs in front (i recommend BDS or Tough Country) and then you could do 2" springs and 4" shackle flip or just 6" springs in the rear as well. you will also need a raised steering arm, if the p.o. didnt install one, and also either a drop pitman arm or a drop draglink. you will also need new brake lines, and new shocks.

3. 85 Jimmy

yes FRONT BLOCKS :eek:

i say i'm new to this stuff.... but really i'm not

so i should just get a complete kit from tough country? will that give me more articulation then a shakle?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

shackle flip will give the most flex, but 6" TC's or BDS will still flex very well. go to www.offroaddesign.com , they sell tough country and lots of other parts.

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

It's Tuff Country. And yes, call offroaddesign. You will need longer brake lines, drop pitman, and with 6" you may need driveshaft modifications. TAKE YOUR TIME. Do the research first, then order parts.
    Waht size tires do you plan on running?
    What kind of wheeling do you do? That alone will determine what parts you will need.

6. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i say leave the blocks in front:doah: j/k
    go with shakle flip in rear and a 2"leaf and 6" lift spring in front, new brake lines, and drop pitman or cross over, drive shaft might need to be redone, some people dont need to and some have to

7. 85 Jimmy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you guys can see that is the front with blocks :dunno: i don't know why the p/o did this, i guess he was just real cheap

i plan on running 35/12.5/15 tires for now but eventually i'd like to go 38's or so. i will mainly be doing mudding but i'd like to be able to do some light rock crawling and definitly be able to cross the river's and around here

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006