Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need some help!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by bbck5on37s, Feb 1, 2007.

1. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

:1zhelp: I twisted the bleeder screw off of the right rear wheel cylinder while bleeding the brakes:mad: ...I pinched off the line so i can have at least front brakes......I have a 14bff. I have never been into one of these axles before and i dont want to mess anything up...Would someone be willing to help?????? Its kinda scary driving in this weather with only front brakes..

2. 81 k5 jimmy

81 k5 jimmy Registered Member

You just need to remove the bleeder ,if you can with a easy out great ,if that will not work then just remove the brake cylinder and replace with a new one

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've had good luck removing broken grease zirks with easy outs. Just like a bleeder, they already have a nice hole in the middle. You oughta try that first, I mean it can't hardly make things worse. :dunno:

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I would also replace the line you pinched off. It now has a weak spot, and you don't want it to bubble out and pop, leaving you with no brakes at the worst possible time.