Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need some Scholarly help.. quick..pleasseee

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 78Suburban, Oct 21, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, here's the deal. I have a 10 page paper due Tuesday. There is an article I really need. If you go to a university, they probably have an online catalog with PDF versions of all the scholarly journals they subscribe to. My University does not subscribe to Hume Studies. If anybody can get ahold of the article, I can not express what a life save it would be for me :bow:

Gauthier, David, “Artificial Virtues and the Sensible Knave,” Hume Studies 18, no. 2 (Nov. 1992)

if somebody can get that and email it to 78Suburban@gmail.com you would be a life saver!!!!!!

thank you,
    James

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You can join for $25 student rate............. Not quite CK5 though is it.....

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Sorry, my school doesn't have it in their databases either :doah:

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Cant seem to get the ID to work off-campus. Ill try tomorrow. Email sent...

5. 78Suburban

Believe it or not, I do plan to join. Hume is awesome, and I would love to read alot of work that has been done on him. There's one big issue though. I emailed the Secretary Treasurer, and she said the memberships do not process quickly, and It will have to go through their office in Iceland. It can take up to a week. Alot of universities subscribe to this, and If I had realized how important of a document it would be to my project, I would have submitted an intra library loan request. Its too late for that now, procrastination has screwed me over. :crazy:

Thanks for looking so far guys, I appreciate the help. Maybe I'll get this paper throw together without it before tuesday, but it really would help.

6. 78Suburban

Thanks for all those articles man.. I'll probably use some of them on my final draft. I think I finally found Gauther's email address, and I emailed him to see if he could send me a copy of the article. I have already emailed Darwall in the past and we've emailed back and forth several times.

Thanks for all your help guys, and if anybody stumbles across that article I talked about in the first post, in your university databases.. feel free to zap it to my email :bow: