Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT WILL CLEAR HEADERS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SANDMANPHIL, Nov 16, 2000.

1. SANDMANPHIL

SANDMANPHIL Newbie

HEY, I NEED A RECOMONDATION ON SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT WILL CLEAR MY JBA HEADERS. THE WIRES I HAVE NOW ARE GETTING BURNED UP DUE TO THE HEAT. IS THERE ANY THING I CAN PUT AROUND THEM TO PREVENT THEM FROM MELTING? THANX FOR THE HELP, PHIL

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

you can buy a header wrap to put on the headers,,,this keeps the heat in the headers instead of transferring it into the engine compartment....it actually work's pretty good...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I use the Jacobs Electronics wires with ceramic boots they were the only thing I found that would not burn up when running trails. There costly but there the last ones you will have to buy. JBA is also selling there own wires now too for their headers! The header rap is just as costly at the wires 50 per role and you need 4 roles, And yes I did try the rap first and its kind of fragle besides. plus it makes thing hoter when used at slow speeds.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken