Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need tire advice

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by blazer88k5, Oct 22, 2002.

1. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

Just got my 4" lift WOO HOO!!! going to put it on tues. Now here's my question.......35" mud terrians or 33" mud terrians? And why??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks, Randy

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

What is your drivetrain? Ratios?
    I first ran 33s before fender triming and R&P swap.
    My rear tires would hit the front of the rear fender well so that was my first spot to trim when going to 35s. If you go with 33s I have an extra DunlopMudrover you can have fer a spare, no rim just a tire...

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Like Burt said it would help if we knew what Ring and Pinion you had and do you want to trim your fenders?? 33's would be O.K. with 3.07 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif gears but 35's need /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif 4.10 gears.

David

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Oh so the 3.73's won't work with a 35"?

J/K I know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Yeah tell us what you got we'll tell you what to get.

5. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

Well I don't want to trim the fenders let /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif , and I don't know what gears I am running, it's was pretty much a stock 88 k5 when I bought it, how do I go about finding out? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks, Randy

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

7. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

33" is all you will be able to run with out trimming the fenders, when i had the 4" on mine I could only clear 33 and when i went to 35 i had to trim a good amount. I have some 33" on 6 lug if you want to try them on it to seee the clearance to determine what you want to try to fit.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ill trim the fenders for ya...i have done mine and 79 jimmys..then you can fit 37"s on it

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I have 35" with 2.5" lift and a lot of trimming, I am not sure if my lift flexes as much as some of your lifts though.
    33" were fine before the trimming.

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    33" is all you will be able to run with out trimming the fenders, when i had the 4" on mine I could only clear 33 and when i went to 35 i had to trim a good amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA HA.. j/k /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I have 4" lift with 35's and there is no rubbing here But I ditched the sway bar and need to see how much more I will flex and what needs to be removed...I will trim them anyway but waiting to find a good hood first so I can start the sanding and primering...mike /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I have 4" lift with 35's no problem. I have the Goodyear Wrangler MTR's though I hear the actual diameter of them is only 34 or 34.5 inches. I don't rub at all on the street. I rubbed once at Bassi Falls coming down a very steep rock... but wasn't bad enough to cause any damage. I have stock gears for now, 3.42s?. I will be going to 4.10s. Also, what gears you need for 35's also depends on what tranny you have. 4.10 for th350, if you have a 700R4 you'd need 4.56s to be good. My truck is probably a little less torquey than it should on take off, but i haven't had any real problems with the higher gears.