Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need title info Please help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by only 31s, Mar 4, 2005.

1. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

so i bought this burb in texas! long story short the dealer cant fix the title right for my state to accept it{mistakes 2 owners back} do they have to take the truck back under any law or statute or can they legally stick me w/ this problem! :confused: PS its not stolen or salvagd just a regular title thats screwed up bad.:frown1:

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd think the dealer would be on the hook in your case.

I bought a K5 in Texas 4 years back, dragged it 2500 miles home and after I got here found the title and the VIN didn't match. A mistake was made a few owners back also and an '8' on the VIN was read as a '3'. Even one number off was enough that I couldn't register it here, so I had to cut my losses and sell it for parts. The guy I bought it from did nothing to help...

Rene

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

They should be able to run a VIN search to confirm it isn't stolen. If they find a previous owner they will usually contact them to make sure.

You should be able to apply for a new title using the correct VIN number. I had that same problem on a Cuda and that is what the DMV did for me.

Got a new title, took some time and money but it was possible. I've also got a 70 Plymouth that had no title at all. Just trailered it to the emmission test station where I paid to have them visually inspect and confirm the VIN. Once that was done I applied for a new title and had it 2 months later.

I don't know about your State per se but they will usually work with you if you've got proof of purchase.