Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need to buy new shears again...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Here we go again... About 6 months ago I had to replace my $50 hair shears after my dad used them to cut his hair... The $60 pair I bought are now worthless after my dad used them to cut his hair yesterday...

I don't know what he does to them, but I can use them weekly for months until my dad uses them ONCE, then they need to be replaced... At least these ones still work somewhat, so I was able to cut my hair today, but I'll have to buy a new set this weekend after I get paid /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I haven't had a hair cut in over one and half years....simple solution to a simple problem.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If you clean out the hair and oil them they should be fine. I have my wife cut my hair every 2 weeks. We have used the same set of clipper for over 7 years. I also cut both my kids hair with the same set. I recently bought a new set cause the old ones were dropped and broken

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

just wait till you join the core youll be getting a cut every week

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

What brand are they? I use WAL I believe. I've had the same ones for about 3 or 4 years and shave my head at least once a week. Before I get ready to use them I just shoot a little Pro Long in the blades, run it for a minute, wipe off excess, and cut away! Then when I am done, just use the blower to get all of the hair out...or a shop vac. They are getting a little dull, but what do you expect for them being used so much? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I dunno... I always brush the hair out and stuff when I'm done... it doesn't seem like a matter of oiling though... the last one just quit doing anything... These ones cut, but when I'd get a little ways into the hair, they'd just get stuck... usually I can get done in about 10 minutes (I do it myself), today it took me a half hour because I had to keep messing with the blades and stuff... I'll try oiling it though and see how that does...

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, no sh!t. Over the past 4 years I've had three haircuts....The Corps should make that up for me.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

You'll love the haircuts at MCRD San Diego! They have these two barbers that are twins and look like Sly Stallone. Hope you don't have any moles on your head cause they wont be there after your first 15 second hair cut. The shears they use leave nice oozing red stripes all over you sweaty bald head. Mwahahahahahaha! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What kind of haircut would be best to have? I'm going to donate my hair to Locks of Love since it's long(20") so what should I get? I'm assuming I should stay away from a high-n-tight or a shaved head....

10. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

If you want to avoid the first brutal haircut, buzz it clean with no guard before you go /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif. But, if you are the only one there that doesn't need a haircut, the DI's will probably play with you while everyone else is getting buzzed. I remember the guy in front of me was hispanic and had a big ass 'fro. He even brought a blowdryer to bootcamp with him. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

So basically, I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'll just buzz it really short, before I go.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    He even brought a blowdryer to bootcamp with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: Leave hair dryer at home....

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You could do like a #2 buzz or something about 2-3 weeks before you go... your hair should still be pretty short, especially compared to what ya got now... But by that time it'd be long enough to need a cutting... probably even if you do a buzz with no attachment 2-3 weeks before, or a #2 right before you go... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif