Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need to call somebody this weekend... Expert advise needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Mar 25, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If anyone can walk me through rebuilding my edelbrock performer carb, and you have free weekends on your cell phone, I would really, really like to talk to ya. PM me with your cell phone number and when would be a good time to call you. If anyone has ALOT of patience, maybe you could kinda walk me through some of it. Whoever calls, unless you are from the south, will get the unique experience of hearing a really hick voice (a few people on here already have heard that :haha: ).

If anyone can rebuild these badboys in there sleep, PLEASE let me give ya a call. I've never been inside a carb. I have no idea what I'm doing, or what the different parts are called.

Thanks VERY much,
    James :bow:

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

3. 78Suburban

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_exploded.html

It intimidates the crap out of me. Is anybody willing to let me call them, even if its just to tell me I'm an idiot. How long will it take me to rebuild it if its my first time? I have free weekends, I could talk to somebody this afternoon, if anyone will PM me their cell phone. I don't have a clue how to set float depth, or how in install any one of the million parts that came in my rebuild kit. somebody please help.
    thanks,
    James

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

James... Quite a few guys down your way so I'm sure someone will step up..

Just remember patience and paying attention to detail as you do it.. Maybe take some digi photo's for yourself so you know how it goes back together.. Understandable that it seems daunting, but as mentioned, they're really not very difficult... Make sure everything is cleaned thoroughly and give yourself a nice large clean area to lay everything out on...

I might add too, that after reading your recent postings, that you may wanna knuckle under and have someone look at the truck for you at some point. Nothing to feel defeated about or anything.. Your young and can't be expected to know everything.. a fresh pair of experienced eyes may take a peek and see something very obvious..

5. 78Suburban

well, I guess I'll just try to take it apart, and hope I get it back together. Yeah, I know I need to get someone to look at the truck, wishful thinking says its the carb, but It may be something alot worse. Oh well, I'll just take my birthday money and have it towed to a mechanic, if rebuilding the carb doesn't remedy my problems.

Would anyone be willing to let me call them, and talk on the phone about basic rebuilding procedures for an edelbrock/carter style carb? I know some of yall could do this in your sleep. Talking on the phone would go alot faster and be alot more understandable than a written procedure.
    If I put this carb back together incorrectly, then I know the truck is not going to run right, even if the problem isn't the carb.

I know if the right person runs up on this post, I'll get a pm :wink1:
    I know I annoy the heck out of many of you, but if I ever get this turd running, My posts won't be nearly as annoying.
    thanks

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'd offer for ya, but I've only done a couple Carters, so I'm no authority.. Quad would be another story...

also your bill to Joysey would be painful! :wink1:

7. 78Suburban

I can call anyone in the lower 48 and maybe Canada for Free with my Verison Cell Phone on the weekends and at night after 9:00 EST. :wink1:
    so, TTT to anyone who would PM me their number so we can talk about rebuilding these carbs..
    thanks,
    James

8. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have not rebuilt an Edelbrock since high school. If it was a Q-jet I might be able to help though.