Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need to do a TH350 to NP205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HispanicPanic, Sep 26, 2001.

1. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

ok here's the deal i have a th350/NP203 with a part time kit set up now but as some of you might know my 203 is going south. Any ways a while back i bought a 205 cuz my plan was to make a doubler out of the combo, well know i need a T-case and i have no money to do the doubler so i figured buy the adapter for the th350/NP205 and set up my driveshafts and presto back in action. right ? WRONG it turns out my 205 is a 10 spline input shaft and i need a fine spline to go to my th350 right? if that is the case then am i screwed (screwed in the sence that i have to cough up alote of $$$) the rear is a slip yoke but i have the original driveshaft for it so im just gonna use that and as far as the front is conserned i need to find one in a junk yard cuz i doubt my 203 front driveshaft will bolt on. So anyways please responed so i can stop busting my brains on how to make it work
    THANX,
    Omar

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I have a Th350 NP205 with the "fine-spline" connection and the sleeve to connect it to yout TH350. I will sell the NP205 with the adaptor and the sleeve for $200 plus shipping. PM or email me if you are interested! Talk to you soon!

<font color=red>Just give me a tank, and point me in the right direction!</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>DONT MESS WITH AMERICA!</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you can change the input shaft for the 205, they go for around 100 or so.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis</a>

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Hey Panic,
    Rob a bank if you have to.... but go ahead with the Doubler! You won't regret it!

Marv

5. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

HEY MARV hows it going,
    yea i was concidering that but ScoobyDan (Danny) chickend out lol

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

6. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Im going to do th350 to NP205, from NP203 in the future.. i have all the parts and like you, I have a 10 spline NP205.. the only way that I know how to make it work is with advance adapters $275 adapter.. pricey but ya gotta do what ya gotta do... plus Im willing to pay because I know both the th350 and the np205 that im going to be using are in excellent shape. Id rather do that than buy someones old fine splined 205, or 350/205 combo, something that might break down the next day anyway... thats just my $0.02... and im not referring to the previous post where the guy has the np205 for sale.. just speaking generally..

mike