Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need to know

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gangbox1, Jul 15, 2002.

1. gangbox1

gangbox1 Registered Member

hello all, i was fooled!! the back seat on my 72 blazer isnt original. i am changing the carpet out and the seat has had holes drilled for it.there is 4 original (5/8 or 3/4) bolts that go in line between the fender wells. are they for the real seat? or for seat belts? how many bolts were used to bolt down the rear bench? replies are appreciated. thanks

2. MikeH

MikeH Registered Member

When I purchased both my '71 and '72, the rear bench was held by 4 bolts using the stock brackets. There were no provision (on mine anyway) for seat belts. I drilled six holes to install 3 sets on lap belts on both my blazers.

Mike H

3. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

I am pretty sure mine is an original seat. The two outside wholes ( 1/2``} between the fender wells hold the back of the seat down and it is held by two u-bolt things in the front. I don`t know what actually held the seat in the front . I herd my boss at work say that his brotherinlaw used to have a blazer like mine, and the seat was held in front by some kind of clamps. I just used little u- bolts on mine. I could be wrong on my seat being original though.

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

On my '72 the outer two bolt holes you're talking about (nearest the fenderwells) hold the rear seat and the inner two are for the seat belts. The other end of the seat belts on mine bolt to the back of the seat, right above where they're attatched to the truck using the aforementioned holes. The front of the seat is held using brackets that look like electrical coduit hold down clamps (which work well I'm told).

CT

5. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure mine are original. The rear is held down by four brackets and 1/2" bolts. The seat belts are attached to the two center brackets. The front is held down with two of the conduit style clamps that Chris T mentioned.

6. gangbox1

gangbox1 Registered Member

thanks for all the info guys!!! it has cleared things up!now i need to find a original seat. oh well

7. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

gettin new carpet is always fun