Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED TO MEET/WHEEL WITH YOU GUYS! - AUSTIN

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Highjaxx, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

I guess I need to read this Texas forum more! I'm getting my truck back finally, it's been down since that big ice storm we had. There are a few places around town here. Or my friend showed me a place in San Antonio, called Devil's Den. Pretty good rock crawling, and mudding if it actually rained. I just want to play with my truck. Nice to go out with some guys where I'm not driving the best equipped full-size. I'm looking at another week or two to get the Sub running itself down the road. Mid-to-Late May sound good? Open to suggestions, I've never been to the Slab or the cement plant. I'd like to meet more people who are crazy about this stuff as I am!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

what kind of stuff do you like to do. If you want to just go mudding the cement plant is good. It's got some deep washes to climb out of also. Slab is always good for sand, water, and rockcrawling. My truck is down until late May for upgrades, but I'm always up to ride along or just go out and drink some beer.

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hey Hijaxx...
    I'm in Round Rock.. my wife and I are heavily into this stuff you're referring to.. my truck has been down quite some time.. but I should be picking up my new transmission and transfer case within the week.. so my white 89 will be back on the road once again.. hopefully for good this time..

There is also Mason aka Granite Hills in Mason Texas if you want to really work out your truck.. ask Russel... aka txbluethunder.. you don't need a wildly modified truck to have fun.. Russell did one hell of a job when we went to Mason with 2.5 inches of lift and 33's... I'm sure his truck is much different n0w.. but that's half the fun.. seeing what you're truck will need once you take it out.
    I'm trying to put in for a Pass... hopefully we can get some time set aside to go wheeling... it's been along time.

Pam and I are getting ready to sell out house... so not much free time when I'm off.. but I'm sure we can set some time aside.. I think another meet and greet is in order.

4. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

I am in Pflugerville near a couple K5 guys. We are working on something about 3 nights a week and sometimes end up wheeling afterwards. Real close to me lives Micah (aka 84k5cedric / my neighbor) and Jeff (aka Beards88 / a block away) and Jeremy (aka balls of fire / less than a mile from me) and of course Russell ( aka txbluethunder / which seems to stop by once a week or so) and not so close is Matt ( CK5 ID ?? / Leander)
    Most of the mentioned above are probably going to lakeway on Sunday for an after noon of ... hopfully not breaking stuff. If you dont know what or where lakeway is, it is just past Lake Travis out on 620 and is a lot of rocky hill climbs and such. All are welcome! We can designate a meeting place for those who dont know where it is exactly.

Anybody else interested?

P.S. I just got my D44 rebuilt after a spindle nut backed out on me / broken drivers side spring pack center pin bolt / detererating stub shaft u-joint. I CANT WAIT TO GO TEST MY NEW STUFF OUT!

P.P.S
    While she was apart I slapped in a eZero rate in the front and relocated the front axle 1.5 inches forward /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif . And tonight I hope to slap in a locker in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'd like to go to Lakeway! Are there any cops around there who would give us any $h!t? And is the type-o-terrain like this: [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Man you need to watch for cops they WILL give you a ticket out there. I helped cut alot of the trail out there and have not wheeled there for about 1 1/2 years due to the cops. Since all the houses went up around the area it is alot harder to hide. So just my two cents stay out of there if I was you. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And is the type-o-terrain like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's Lakeway... that is John Vargas' truck... bet you got those off Robert's site.

As for Cops, Matt (DwarF) lives near Lakeway is has taken us out a few times now... we haven't seen any cops but that doesn't make it right... I don't know if it is legal or not.

8. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

I went to Lakeway all the time before the cops cracked down so bad. I know of a place about 10 minutes away thats a little safer(cops), but it's not as big. I'm busy this Sunday, at least until the evening. Besides I'm waiting to get my truck back from the shop. Should be another couple weeks. Putting in the TBI 454 - Custom 700R4 - Doubler - and Driveshafts!!!!! I just need a Dana 60 front, gears, and lockers. It never ends.

I'd like to go back to Devil's Den in San Antonio. My friend has a Heep that did real well. I want to try it in a full-size. We should get everyone's trucks running and go out. Good talking to you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

I have missed 2 trips to the Den and cant wait to check it out! I am for sure up for the Den. My only fear is my tranny gets real hot when on the high way for more than 30 minutes or so. Hopefully when I get my lock up converter plug installed it will help my tranny too hot problem.