Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need to move!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chasone64, Dec 26, 2005.

1. chasone64

chasone64 Registered Member

I live in a mfg home park...
    I was under my truck with my tranny jack
    (need to swap the flex plate)
    had everything ready to go & the managers of the park come by.
    They asked what I was doing I told them & said I would be done the same day. They said that was "major work" & that's not allowed in the park.
    Now I have done "major work" here before & they have seen me doing it, and have said nothing. Now for sone reason they have decided to enforce this rule. I believe someone in the park complained about me working on my truck. They said if I do "major work" I will recieve an eviction notice!!
    This place bites.:mad:
    Ok done venting now....
    PS hope everyone else has a happy holiday season!!:D

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I know how you feel. I got a ticket for "Major repairs lasting longer than 24 hours" when it took me 16 hours (including sleeping) to change a starter in my S-10 blazer.

Burn the place down, j/k. I think we've all been there at some point bro.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Covenants, codes, and restrictions "pain in the butt"

Makes me glad I have a garage!! Just close the door and have at it.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

tell him...

Tell the "enforcer" if he'll lend you the money to have it towed to a shop and fix it,you'll gladly have it removed.:D ..if they don't like your request,tell them its half done,and if you interfere,his TEETH will need "major work"!!..:mad: ..some people just think you can pull 200+ bucks out of your a$$ I guess..

I love the way they "outlaw" you from doing anything your capeable yourself now..I can see they might have concerns with oil spills,etc,but jeez..the average Joe living week to week and living in an apartment cant afford "real" mechanics and garages at todays prices..and cars that get into wrecks spill all the gas,oil,antifreeze,and freon..and none of it ever gets cleaned up--they just throw speedi-dri on it most of the time..!

I lived at an apartment complex with similar rules..I nearly got evicted when my friends Chevy Impala decided to jump the timing chain in the parking lot..and when we started fixing it,and it was 2/3 of the way done,it started snowing..the manager/landlord comes out,and says "if this is more than a simple oil change,I'm having it towed--we need the lot cleared so we can plow"..we told him it was a 3 hour job--IF all went easily!..and we were nearly done!--:doah:

He didn't care,said we should know the rules(they would flip out if you changed a flat for crissakes!)...I ended up towing the car with my K5 with a chain,to the parking lot at the auto parts store we both worked at 2 miles away,and ended up putting the timing cover and water pump on there!..

My boss showed up a few minutes later,with his Bronco to plow the parking lot at the store..he was pissed --we were there on a sunday,without him knowing,and even more pissed when he learned we had to TOW the car there,because it was parked right where the snow had to be piled up!..but he got over it,and its a good thing he showed up..we needed a lot of stuff to finish the job,like antifreeze(we left the pail full back at the apartment:doah: )--and we had to grind the snot out of the timing cover to get it back on without dropping the oilpan..we got it buttoned up in an hour and a half..

We had a "Warning" notice on our door when we got back to the apartment..the landlord said we left "hazardous waste" in the parking lot!:rolleyes: ..when I saw him the next day,he reamed my butt for working on the car there,and leaving oil spilled and the bucket of antifreeze there..

I said "it was an emergency--its not like I do it every weekend here!"..then I asked him where my antifreeze went..he says "I didn't have anyplace to store it (BS!)..so I dumped it down the sewer out in the street!..:eek1: :surepal: :screwy: :shame: -

-if I did that I would have been arrested probably!..:mad:

I tend to forget how lucky I am to have a garage to use..but it cost me 10 grand, and lots of hard labor to build it..at least I don't have that kind of problem now..at least until my mom passes on,then it might be back to square one...:( ..I'm hoping that day is still far off,but it might not be...:crazy:

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

damn... give somone something to bitch about, and they bitch even if it doesnt affect them

that sucks man

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

To some people, they seem to view auto repair, having ugly vehicles, or having any vehicle parts as a horrendous crime. I think drug dealers, noisy places that have large parties and other real illegal activites get off easier than any of us that try and do work on our own rigs or have a few projects around.

I say if people don't like what they see, maybe they should look at something they do find pleasant; Instead of staring and getting mad over what they don't personally find appealing.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I got grief from the manager at an apartment complex i lived at once for swapping motors in a car, she walked up as i was in the middle of eating some grub, she said in a sarcastic tone " what are you doing????"

i said "eating lunch":D

she didn't think it was too funny. gave me the rant about major work on the vehicles, i told her i'd be done soon, blah blah blah.