Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need to relocate any suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yunit, Jul 11, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

It is so frustrating when you save up money with plans to purchase a house and the market value on homes in your area sky rockets.

Example:
    My Grandfather sold his house across the street from my cousins house(the one I live in) for $190k about 4 years ago and last week it just sold for $550k.

So 4 years ago I would of needed almost $40k to put down on the house, now if I wanted to purchase that house I would need about $110k.

Well I think it is time for me to start looking at other areas to live; everything about NJ just blows anyway. Anyone have any good suggestions on where I should move to?
    I am a single guy with no kids.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What kind of work do You do? What kind of wether are You looking for? Im sure if You give an ideal setting Folks on here can give You the ideal location.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmmm the pavement hit 127 here in florida, today and it was slightly overcast all day, temps around 97 from about 930 am to 5pm...

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Let me know what you figure out... same boat, and it dont float real well /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You could move to Kans-Ass, be near me, be 6 hours away from Denver, be 30 minutes away from the nearest big city with good job potentials, and while living in my town, pay around $50K for an excellent solid home. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

sure, someplace where you have a good solid job pinned down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I moved here to the Black Hills of South Dakota 2 years ago. I got too say that I do like living up here. Lot's of construction jobs avalible, as well as seasonal work. (We're a big tourist trap, as well as having the biggest motorcycle ralley right up here "Sturgis".) Little bit of about everything job wise up here. What kind of work are you looking for ??? As far as wheeling go's, this is a great area, we got rocks, we got mud, and we got hundreds of miles of trails in the national forest, and quite a few trails in the Badlands. Awesome fishing and hunting, and some cool sceanery.

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Southern California. Lots of good wheelin year round.

9. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Try looking at pueblo colorado. Houses are still somewhat cheap, $50k to $250k your close to alot of 4x4 spots, but work isn't supposed to kick off good again till summer 2004, if your in construction. As for other trades or careers I don't know. But you get mild winters and awesome summers. Just realize that you will have to import a Good Woman from north of Denver or Out of state.
    Besides that, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO BE PACKED IN THAT TIGHT?
    I mean, thier is way to many people back east.
    For $300k you could have 80 acres and a huge house here.
    Gorrilla
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Its time to head West. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Its time to head West.

[/ QUOTE ] ixnay on the estway attmay....

Idaho is great but Washington sucks, don't move here, I mean there.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

pete you need to look neer me more to the south i drive to paterson to milltown yes it is 1 to 1.5 hrs but it is not so bad if you want more info call me you got the # or a PM and for out of state FL sounds nice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    pete you need to look neer me more to the south i drive to paterson to milltown yes it is 1 to 1.5 hrs but it is not so bad if you want more info call me you got the # or a PM and for out of state FL sounds nice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    thats a negative... not too much work to be found in florida, but it depends on your field, and its hot as satans ass in hell here...

14. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey, come on down here to SC.

Tellico not too far, beach or mountains only +/- 2 hours from most parts of the state, and you can get into a decent new home for $120,000! (And that's the kind WITHOUT wheels!)

15. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Oregon is a BIG no no, unenployment just hit 8.5 percent /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. But I would not live any where else... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif