Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need to stop making investments.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 9, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Especially ones I'm tempted to keep.
    [​IMG]

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Too many toys and you won't have any time to use them.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Cars and trucks are typically horrible investments.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Nahhh, I do it all the time to make money on the side and keep parts for free to build up mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There have always been a few that didn't make any money, but usually gave me parts I needed for cheaper than buying outright.

My neighbors must think I'm nuts, seeing all the rigs that come through here that get parted out. I hop they don't think I run a chop shop. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Good thing they don't see what the other place looks like. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

This one set me back $700 last night. 1980 3/4 ton 4x4, no motor, TH350/205, 14 bolt/10 bolt, 6" lift, 3" body lift, 38" Gumbo Mudders (tires that were mine once before).

I'm half tempted to keep it to make it the official mud-racer truck. But I have to sell stuff off it first to get most of my money back before I keep it. My goal is to be into the frame, lift, tires and body $100 or less.

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i used to always have a parts truck in the back yard. i'd pick up a $500 junker, part it, take what i want, then have the rest hauled of to the junkyard. as soon as one was out, i'd bring anothere one home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif pretty fun. i only have room for a 2 or 3 rigs at a time though. as long as you get rigs under a grand you can usually come out ok parting it. if i broke even i was happy cause i usually ended up with parts i needed too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif