Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED YOU GUYS HELP !

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Apr 20, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Here's the deal..... I bought a Blazer last year that was originaly a diesel but it was switched to a gas engine. A few months later the motor went to hell on me and I bought a new one from an engine builder.( Beck Racing Engines ) Now here's my problem... I installed my new 350 and am now having problems with the power steering pump and brackets. The guy I bought it from " Jerry-rigged" it and I'm not sure how it's supposed to go. Should I be getting brackets and a pump for a diesel or for a gas engine? Right now, I can't find the correct power steering belt for it and it wobbles. The pulleys don't line up very well. If I get brackets and a pump for a gas engine will this correct the problem? Also, he has fabricated a bracket for the fluid resevoir with a piece of angle iron ( aluminium ) that mounts to the frame. Do I need to replace/relocate/or get rid of this? Please respond as soon as possible!! I can explain any other information on later posts if anyone replies. PLEASE HELP ! I'm so close to getting it running except for this one problem.
    THANX

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

2. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Just looking at your motor, It looks good, but check to make sure the pully on the water pump is right for the motor/power steering. The diesel may have been a little diffrent. My buddy use to specialize in the conversions from diesel to gas and I know they did not change a lot.

Good luck , Check another K5 and then look at the bone-yard

Michael

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OK, here's the deal. I got both my 305 and my 6.2 right outside, so if you need measurements to compare the two, let me know tonight. I'll be around all night but I'm going camping for the long weekend, so be quick. Give me as much detail as you need and I'll try to help.....