Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need your front bumper blueprints

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 4, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm getting ready to have a new front bumper built by the local comm. college and I need ideas, pics, dimensions, and whatever else you can provide for me (them). I know I could walk out to my truck and start measuring, but my drafting skills are not up to par. I'm wanting a bumper like SEC's, but just a little smaller. I've got the dimensions for the winch carrier from Warn, so all I need is the dimensions for the rest of the bumper.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

In lieu of a little tiff on another post, I promise that I will not copy your design right down to how many splatter marks were made in the welding process. A pic will be posted of the finished product. So, does anyone have a drawing or something I could use?

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

If you having it done by the Comm. College, why not go to the Drafting department with a couple of pic's of what you want and have them draw it up for you. It is easy with AutoCAD to draw it up.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

I would, but my broke-ass county can't even provide the school with a Drafting Dept. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I could try to draw it at my mom's school. They have a tech lab complete with a wind tunnel, lasers, pneumatics, and all kinds of other things. What's bad is it's only a middle school!

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Tell us more about what you want?

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

Aight, I want a decent ground clearance and approach angle bumper capable of housing a winch. I wouldn't mind if the winch itself was tucked inside the framerails, kinda trim that metal piece under the grille to fit over it a little. I like the stinger idea and had already incorporated it into a design I sketched but didn't know what it was called. I just referred to it as a "prerunner bar". I want to mount some lights on the stinger. The only thing I don't want is the bars blocking my GMC emblem or too much of my parking lights. Maybe form the bars around the park lights or something. The bumper I have on my truck now is just too HUGE. You can see a pic of it in my webshots. I cut the ends of the frame off to mount my bumper, so I know I can't go to a Warn or some other type of aftermarket bumper. I'm gonna do the generic chopping of the body underneath the corner parking lights. I've tried sketches, putting a pic of my truck in Paint and drawing another one, but anything I do, I'm not happy with. That's why I've turned to CK5. There's plenty of examples out there and I like a lot of what the people on here have done. I like the Prerunner "tube" bumpers very much, but the fab class at the school is not really capable of making it without my truck being there.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

TOO HUGE!!!

[​IMG]

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

no wonder those pics will never show - thanks for giving me the details behind that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but that link doesn't work.......so here the good one. HUGE BUMPER!!!

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The links won't work directly either. This site automagically converts URL's to a clickable link, but webshots still considers it a remote link. However, if you copy the link, then open a new browser and paste the link into that brower, then webshots will let you have a peek. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif