Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need your help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by unclezeke, Nov 26, 2001.

1. unclezeke

unclezeke Registered Member

i know this doesn't have anything to do with OUR trucks, but i have a question that only you guys will know the answer to. Does dodge have an option for a factory locker in their front differentials?? i met a guy a few days ago who drives a 96 dodge3/4 and says it has a rear posi and front locker that is only activated in low range, all stock. i've never heard any thing like this before. is he full of crap or there some truth to this?

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

He's a typical Dog-de owner. Full of it [​IMG]

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

He's a typical Dog-de owner. Full of it

<hr></blockquote>

Whatever

unclezeke,
    As far as the front locker I don't know how they work. I have a 99 one ton Dodge that has a locking differential. If it is slick enough I can get both rear wheels to spin but only one on the front typically. I have tried in both high and low range.

On the other hand my wife had a 98 3/4 ton with the V-10 and all 4 would lock and spin on it. If it was in 4 wheel drive (high or low) and you turned the front end would hop like it was locked, if you took it out of 4 wheel drive it would not. It was stock from the factory that way, now whether it was supposed to do that or not I don't know. You may get an answer from See my pics here