Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need your input.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazen91, Jul 10, 2002.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Do you guys know of, or have you, taken the bolt on rain gutters off of your Burb? I am painting the Burb and don't like them and was thinking of taking them off. But I am worried about water coming through the door into the cab. I am in So Cal and it doesn't rain much here, but I am still concerned. Thank you.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I took them off my K10 while I was painting. If youre gonna leave them off, just fill in the holes. As small as the holes are, just run a layer of bondo over the area and sand it down. That should fill the screw holes in.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Without them, you'll get doused with water when you climb into the truck after a rain. The water on the roof will roll off into your lap as the truck shifts from the weight of you climbing in. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif GM had dropped the rain gutters, in order to improve aerodynamics. When they figured out that it dumps water on ya, they "added" them back. In later years, they got rid of them again, but they added some ridges to the roof to keep the water from rolling off to the side so easily. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think all the M-series trucks from the government are equipped WITHOUT the gutters.

My '84 M1008 does not have any. I have seen literally hundreds of pics of these vehicles without gutters, too.