Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need your opinion

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pissant469, Jan 27, 2003.

1. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

Was I out of line?
    Was the cop?
    Or were we both?
    So last night I get off workat the same time as usual(round 9:15). So I am walkin out to my car and I see a cop in the dry cleaner parkin lot across the street. No big I figured someone called because I usually leave some rubber behind when I leave. So I am talking to a friend I work with and take of my uniform shirt(I always have an old t-shirt with the sleeves cut of under it). So then I leave being very law abiding because I knew that cop was watching me. He come up behind me so close I can't see his headlights in my rearview. Now I am in a 95 firebird that sits low like all firebirds so it is not like I am in a truck with 44s were he 100 yards behind and I still couldn't see his lights. But I just driving regular. I stop at the Winn-Dixie were my girlfriend works at sit next to her car. I look around and se that cop is sitting at the bank across the street. But it doesn't really bother me all that much. SO I see my girlfriend walkin out the door and pull over there to pick her up. We leave and the cop doesn't follow us. But her cell phone rings. It was her stepdad wondering when she was going to be home. If she was by herself. Who she was with stuff like that. So she told him I was taking through the drive thru at mcdonalds and she would be home later. So 3 hours later I drop her off at her car and start to leave. When I realize the same cop is still across the street. So I leave and he starts following me again real close where I can't see his headlights. I thought of doing something dumb like hittin the brakes. But I didn't just kept drivin. SO finally about a mile from my apartment he pulls me over walks to my car. ASks for my liscence and registration. I ask why he pulled me over. He said because they had a red camaro stolen. I said Does this look like a fawkin camaro. He asked why I was gettin an attitude it was a mistake identifying cars. I said I not mad that you mistaked my car for a camaro. I mad that you knew it wasn't and still pulled me over. you rode my ass till I picked up my girlfriend waited 3 hours till I dropped her off. Then started ridin my ass again for 7 miles. Apparently you ran my tag but if not you could see the word firebird across the back as close as you were. He said I wasn't ridin your ass. I said I couldn't see you headlights you were ridin my ass. So he asked me to step out of the car. Then I sat there with my hands on the back for 2hours while he searched my car called the dogs. And tryed to get me for something. He pulled out the tire tread depth gauge. So today my girlfriend calls me talkin about her stepdad says she can't see me anymore because I am rude and because I had a tattoo among other things. So I asked what she was talkin about and she said her stepfather was the one pulled me over. How unfair is that. Is hat guy abusing his power or is it just me? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I would file a report, if that was the case , than that is just harrassment.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

see that is not cool at all but being rude wasn't cool either. i would file a report for abusing his power but don't be rude nemore to officers as it only gets more aggrivating.

jacob

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, that sucks. What an [censored]. Seems like he is a stalker. I would report it to the police department.

5. pissant469

normally i am very polite to cops. I know it is a tough job and all. it is just that guy lit my fuse pretty good like that is just unnescessary and there are many things he could have been doin instead that would have been more productive. and around here cops think they can do whatever they want. and it just pisses me off. Cops should lead by example. I know there are more good cool ones than assholes.
    like last week I was in my truck and a cop pulled me over to talk about 4wheelin said he was new and wanted to get into it I told him was the same way and told him about the website. I mean I have no problem gettin pulled over because I have nothing to hide. more than likely i am doing something wrong or the wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I think you should go see what's up with the step father. Ask him if he would re-consider his discision. He might just look at you in an entirely different perspective if you do that. Yeah, he was punkin' you but if you file a report, you can say bye to the your girl.

Hide the pride and go talk to the step father. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But if the chick means nothing to ya', go file a report withe the police dept. but don't expect anything to happen 'cause they probably will just stereo type you if you go in all pissed off...

Sorry you had a bad exp. and good luck.

7. pissant469

I am not to worried about not being able to see my girlfriend her mom is thinking of a divorce already because he tries to control her and her brother and lets his own son who is spoiled rotten do whatever he wants my girlfriend said when she told her mom she went through the roof he is supposed to call me and apologize but hasn't yet

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is fawked up i would file a report also check to see if a red camero was reported stolen. he was also using our tax money (his pay and resources) to check up on his step daughter. he was on company time and spent most of it watching you and her and not doing his job /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

If that's the case **** 'em. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just try not to let your anger get to you in those cases b/c they'll just make everything hard for you. I think you were done wrong though.
    Make sure to stay cool with Ma Dukes too!

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

11. pissant469

dude i think you are i was acting very ignorant and stupid the night when the ricers suck thing happened but i do not agree with the fact that i was being harassed because i am dating a cops stepdaughter. i mean he should have been doing real police work instead of checking on his stepdaughter however i should have acted in a more mature manner ounce I was pulled over however i should never have been pulled over in the first place

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i should have acted in more mature manure ounce I was pulled over however i should never have been pulled over in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Yeah, acting in really fresh manure is never a good idea. You have to let it age for a bit so it's nice and pungent. </font color>

13. pissant469

dude thats sick

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

WOAH MAMA! Don't get all in a Huff. Get off your Huffy bike and relax. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    You asked for my opinion so there you have it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. pissant469

and your telling me to act more mature

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

And that, my friend, is an opinion... Which is what you asked for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Start off by filing the complaint. I'm sure it's pointless, but it's a step you'll need to do. Next, contact all the TV news and newspapers regaurding this issue. It's clearly abuce of his athority !!!!! He singled you out becouse you're dating his stepdaughter. I'd be willing to bet that that wasn't the first time he checked you out, just the first time he pulled you over. I doubt the stolden Camaro story also. I've lived in places with abucive cops, and know how out of hand they can get. Nothing against any law officers here on CK5. But I lived in a little hick town in western Iowa that the only had the one cop. If he didn't like somebody for whatever reson, he hurrassed them. He scared me as a kid, but after I got older I relised he would need a lagitimate reson to take someone to jail. I was at some friends one sunday afternoon turning wrenches on a hot rod. My friend's younger brother had been a hell raiser, and the local cop's target recently. Now this kid (17 at the time) was trying to straiten his life up, buy mr. local police assifer wouldn't let up on him. Anyways, we'd been turning wrenches for a few hours when the local cop shows up. He started in on the kid saying he seen him roasting his tires on main street about 1/2 an hour ago (Remember, the kid had been with us turning wrenches for atleast the last 2 to 3 hours). I had enough. I went through the same treatment a few years prior from the same assifer. I told him (the cop) that he was a lier !!!! (Was carefull not to us profanity. He'd find a way to arrested me if I did) This cop lost it. He turned on me started calling me every dirty name I'd ever used and then some. Threatening to arrest me, and treatening to beat me up. I calmly told him to go ahead and arrest me. That he'd have fun telling the judge what I'd done to break the law. I also told him if he wanted to take off the badge and swing on me, I'd be more then happy to defend myself. Needless to say, I became his target again. Video cameras are your friend. 2 weeks later we got him on video tape hurrassing me. He lost his job over it. Once he was no longer a cop, I aproached him to see it he thought he could beat my a$$ like he claimed he'd do so meny times. Seams like he wasnn't a tough guy anylonger. He didn't want to talk all big-n-bad anymore. Not all cops are like that one. Infact, it's extreamly rare that you'll meet a assifer like I mentioned. Most cops are just normal people doing a really hard and sometimes shitty job. I have the utmost respect for everyone who puts on a badge. It takes alot to put ones life on the line everyday. It's the assifers like in my story that give good cops bad reputations.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sounds like good ole Southern law enforcement to me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ya know, the one thing that I've learnt in the short time I've been on this rock is that having manners will get ya places. Now I have been the 'victim' of law enforcement harassment, but I never lost my temper over it; even when I was 16 and got yanked for speeding and the cop tore my a new one 4 ways from Sunday. I've also seen guys go off like the 4th of July on cops and the cop sat there and took it until the dumba** resorted to name calling and he got bounced off a car trunk........

If ya go around acting like a horse's a**, it's hopefully gonna be an awakening when the cop pulls you out and puts the beat down on ya. But I bet if ya start being a little more respectful and having manners, you want sit on the side of the road for 2 hours either.

19. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

As we have all seen in recent posts.................I am obviously biased. But here is my take on the situation.

There could be two possible explanations here.

1.---------COINCIDENCE---------
    There was a legitimate stolen Camaro . I have seen situations with (women in paticular .....no offense), where a person reports their blue Ford Taurus has been stolen. Well when I check VIN, registration etc, it turns out that the car is really a blue Chevy Corsica. When I see an ATL for a red camaro for example, I will run the plates of any red F-Body car. People have been known to steal entire cars just for the plates to put on a similar car (Camaro/Firebird Mustang/Capri Stratus/Breeze etc.....)

Cop talks to you during traffic stop and you get out of line with abusive language. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I said Does this look like a fawkin camaro.

[/ QUOTE ] (Yes, that is abusive language.) After running your license.....he remembers his daughter mentioning your name as her current boyfriend. Hmmmmm is this the type of guy that I want my baby girl dating.............

2.----------ABUSE OF POWER----------------
    See above posts.

You might not like my opion but here it is...........You have already laid the foundation in previous posts about your driving habits..... </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So the other night me and some friends were hangin out at the local advance auto parts parkin lot because it is on the main drag and I am the assistant manager so the cops can't run us off. So we had been there for a couple of hours and these same 2 hondas kept ridin by and revvin up. So we just ignored them and kept bsin. They did for about an hour. Then they started ridin through my parkin lot revvin up. After the third time they had me pretty pissed(and I was actin like a badass because me and this girl that was there were flirtin pretty hard and I couldn't look like a pu$$y in front of her). So me and her jump in the truck. I begin chase. I finally catch them. I put it in neutral and reved a couple of times( my truck has a strait piped 350 with headers so it is super loud). Then we all catch a light. I wasn't goin to race because I just put the motor in a couple of weeks ago. But then they started talkin bad about my K5. Then ones in the car on her side said she ride in a real vehicle. After that I was really pissed and was going to blow up that motor before their peices of [censored] beat me. So when the light changed we took of and of course i beat them. Now my truck is no hot-rod. It just goes to show to show how big of pieces thier cars were. They knew i was going to go back to advance so they pulled a u-turn before I did. Well I get behind them on a section of road where it is 2lanes on each side and the speed limit is 65 they are taking up 2 lanes going 15. SO I get in the middle of both lanes prolly 2 feet from thier bumpers. I rode there for a few minutes cussin and tellin them to move on the PA. I see they weren't goin to move so I fall back about 100 yards till I see there is a turing lane on both sides then hammer it and held it on the floor. I was so pissed I was going to wreck my truck before they got the better of me. I guess they thought I was I playin because they waited until I was bout 5 feet from and still hadn't taken my foot off the floor before they both dove for the turnin lane. It was like Moses partin the red sea. I almost pissed my pants I was laughin so hard. The girl was talkin about how crazy I was and how she was never goin to ride with me again( that is goin to make hard tonight since I am supposed to pick her up at her house tonight at 7)

[/ QUOTE ]
    and..... </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    No big I figured someone called because I usually leave some rubber behind when I leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then when the officer pulls you over, you ask him a legitimate question "Why did you stop me?" He replies with a legitimate answer "Stolen Camaro yadda yadda yadda"

Now you reply with "Not a fawkin Camaro yadda yadda yadda" and "riding my a$$ etc." (Unless you have a direct link to your local law enforcement tele types and computer system, you do not know if in fact a red Camaro was or was not stolen in the area.) If you ever want to make red flags fly in the mind of a cop...............do what you just did which is, Take a "routine" traffic stop and fly off the handle with curse words and unfounded accusations.

As far as him abusing his [cartman] authority [cartman/], who is to say. You say yes and he will probably say no. If you feel the traffic stop and search, etc was a form of abuse or harasment, file a complaint.

I really like MilpitasK5's response of </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think you should go see what's up with the step father. Ask him if he would re-consider his discision. He might just look at you in an entirely different perspective if you do that.

[/ QUOTE ] That is a very mature way to handle the girlfriend thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (By the way, you sure have alot of girlfriends /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif )

Here is some free advice. Do not curse at the officer. Do not argue on the traffic stop with the officer, no matter how right you are. (That is what court rooms are for.) Drive like you have some sense if you do not like to have contact with your local law enforcement. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifAlways wave at the police with ALL your fingers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Always wave at the police with ALL your fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ROTFLMAO /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif