Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED YOUR OPINION!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Jan 5, 2004.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to get some money to buy a daily driver (a 77' 3/4ton burban' for $750) and I'm wondering ...

how do I get the most money for this near-perfect 93' Chevy Lumina Minivan (It's motor is really bad and tranny needs work). THe body is perfect and the interior is perfect also with 4 rows of bucket seats (including driver's). Do I part it out? Do I take it to a junkyard and hope for a good deal?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

when i worked at the junk yard down here minivans were a gold mine for parts. i know you can get more than enough to buy the burban by parting it. BUT, in my opinion it would take to long and then you have a scrapped out van that nobody wants to take off your hands. the junk yards dont want a clean titled van with no good parts on it. its not worth it to them. call around and see if they will give you what you would like for it as a whole. otherwise, put it up in the local for sale papers.
    Grant

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want a huge van carcass sitting in the yard...